Sedition

scrofula said:
Goodness gracious great balls of fire.

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/n...on-charges/article-571555-detail/article.html

Sedition is a remarkable thing. It is basically the thing which makes a mockery of democracy...i.e. if you say the system is shoit you get locked up. Trust Africans to actually put it into use.
Well since there from Barton in Torquay that wont be any great loss to the gene pool :p .

By all mean be Christian in your believes and behaviour but missionary work in a Muslim country isn't exactly without risk. Not that i think any of the various creeds and faiths constant cry's of 'Join us and be saved' is based on good science.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Why do they do it? Why do these fantasists insist on going to other countries to spread their version of pixies and hopgoblins and fcuk knows what else?

BuggerAll said:
Why do they do it? Why do these fantasists insist on going to other countries to spread their version of pixies and hopgoblins and fcuk knows what else?
I'd agree 100% but this article has a singular perspective;
As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God.
Now a confirmed atheist, I've become convinced of the enormous contribution that Christian evangelism makes in Africa: sharply distinct from the work of secular NGOs, government projects and international aid efforts. These alone will not do. Education and training alone will not do. In Africa Christianity changes people's hearts.
Case of "needs must"? I still think these missionaries are bonkers btw.

Scrofula - You must have desperately bored over the Xmas break. Could you not find anyone to pest in the Show Park? :lol:

No sympathy and they deserve whats coming, like most god botherers or westerners interfering in Africa or elsewhere they should mind their own business.

Countries get the governments they deserve.... just like the wonderful democratic system....

scrofula said:
No. I was thinking about visiting the museum of Communism, but then I realised my free card for a rail trip to Slovakia would be cheaper.
The prices for Pop and Sport is supposed to cheaper in Bratislva. I hope that you will be careful with your "HavitAwayDay" rover ticket. We would not want anything too exciting to happen to you.

Here's an example of what you might be letting yourself in for - If I were you, I'd make do with your usual thrashing at Mme Debora's

Attachments

He said: "The accused have been living in the Gambia since 1999 and have contributed a lot towards the socio-economic development of the country. This is a mistake and they have regretted what they have done
."

Thats a bit of a pish poor arguement, they really need to think about getting a new lawyer

Thread edited. Mrs Fulton is 46, not 26 as reported in some releases.

Ah, back to the old days.

"...Let him sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush
God save the King."

And the 18th Century was such a great time for the ordinary folk.

ObnoxiousJockGit said:
BuggerAll said:
I'd agree 100% but this article has a singular perspective;
As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God.
Now a confirmed atheist, I've become convinced of the enormous contribution that Christian evangelism makes in Africa: sharply distinct from the work of secular NGOs, government projects and international aid efforts. These alone will not do. Education and training alone will not do. In Africa Christianity changes people's hearts.
Case of "needs must"? I still think these missionaries are bonkers btw.
Parris is right, but he's only halfway there. Africa needs the commitment, vision, work ethic and moral outlook of the Christian missionary, but not the Christianity. I've seen thousands of their former pupils; all in search of a hook to hang their hat on, and getting pixie stories and guilt instead. Of course, the alternatives are authoritarian medievalism (Islam) or Rocks as Pets (animism). Missionaries have done some astonishingly good work in education, but have mixed it up with their damned pixies, which is two steps forward, two back.

They're not, frankly, on a par with their Romanian, Russian, Chinese and East German competition of the past sixty years, who at least taught the Africans how to build a bridge and a sewer in return for their attention during the indoctrination periods and the basic AK-47 handling classes.

Well, they got a year each with hard labour; not a pleasant prospect, especially in Gambian prison conditions. I do hope that the usual suspects in the UK Press don't get into a lather about this (but I know they will); if you're found guilty of sedition in a country which is not tolerant of sedition by foreigners you should expect to be treated as an unwelcome, hostile and criminal alien. If only the UK did the same.