Sedgefield result

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_REME, Jul 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought I would just post this, sorry if it has been done before. Makes interesting reading.........Nearly 10% for the BNP and not even in a 'multicultural' area.

Results Sedgefield 19th July 2007

Phil Wilson (Lab) 12,528 (44.77%, -14.11%)
    Greg Stone (LD) 5,572 (19.91%, +8.02%)
    Graham Robb (C) 4,082 (14.59%, +0.19%)
    Andrew Spence (BNP) 2,494 (8.91%)
    Paul Gittins (Ind) 1,885 (6.74%)
    Toby Horton (UKIP) 536 (1.92%, +0.36%)
    Chris Haine (Green) 348 (1.24%)
    Stephen Gash (Eng Dem) 177 (0.63%)
    Tim Grainger (Ch P) 177 (0.63%)
    Alan "Howling Laud" Hope (Loony) 147 (0.53%, +0.15%)
    Norman Scarth (Anti-Crime) 34 (0.12%)

Thoughts?

2. Very interesting REME but I guess Sedgefield does also cover poor social groups in areas like Newton Aycliffe, Spennymoor and Ferryhill as well as a few ex mining communities in South Durham!! I say this because the BNP are not just using the race card in these areas(despite asylum seekers and others being present there)they are also trying to take advantage of various percieved law and order issues, UK sovereignty and local education concerns which, coming from the BNP, is fukcing laughable!!

3. Damn, damn, damn!!! That is a bloody disappointing result!!!

4. Speaking as a political scientist:

Big, fat, hairy who-the-fcuk cares?

2,500 out of (on average) 75,000 registered voters.

5. Oh dear, theres nothing like a bit of populism eh! :lol:

6. Unfortunately, the ONLY thing this government is world class at is...winning more elections. :x

7. Well the point being, as you know, that only 1/3 of people bothered to vote, and of these 10% want the BNP in, that means 50,000 dont care if the BNP get in?

8. Less than 1/2 of the population of Wales voted for the hated Welsh assembly and we're still stuck with the minging thing thanks to new improved Liarbour. Just be happy that in this case the voters had a choice :x