SECURITY

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Frank, Dec 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been reading through past threads and have to say im not overly convinced some of the posters on here are to good with matters of security. You should consider the person your hinting too when remaking about serving members. I'm sure they wouldnt be too pleased. This and many web sites are open forums meaning anyone can and DOES read them. The "it doesnt realy happen" attitude doesnt work nowerdays im afraid and nasty types are always building portfolios on interesting serving members! DONT BE THE NAIL IN THEIR COFFIN!

2. What a scary place the inside of your conspiracy fueled, paranoid fuelled mind must be.

An selfrespecting terrorist has a far better method of identifying prominent military individuals (its called the free press).

Lets not beat around the bush. The only ones we need worry about are our real enemies.......THE MEDIA!! :? :?

3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side..............

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

5. frank, there was an incident here where someone was nearly "outed". However, that was dealt with by the MODs and the COs promptly. the vast majority of 2hints" herein are aimed at the AMS audience only. So if you ain't AMS, you will not have a clue who we are hinting at!!

Don't go too **** on us with security please :wink:

6. JS Prest Wrote:
    Contradiction? Stop trying to be clever , you're obviously not.

Dui-lai, a polite note about security is not being '****'. For some of us it is still a very real issue indeed.

7. Point taken - I am sure that posters to this site are aware of their responsabilities - it is one of the MODs duties to ensure Op Sec is observed.

I should also make the point that "when & if" there is a breach the person will be "kicked off" and the post deleted.

Your concerns are vaild and well understood - however - this is not the forum for a piss**g match :evil:

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I can safely say any OPSEC breaches, names or places are dealt with by myself or the other Mods pretty sharpish and I keep a wary eye on those who would cause others ill-will.

It is a timely reminder to all: Keep the posts security conscious and Dui-Lai just try and be humerous now and again! :wink:

I thank Frank for his concern.

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh yes, READ THE FIRST THREE TOPICS IF YOU ARE AFRAID.

10. :twisted: and for Geordie-Blerk :wink:

11. Ah yes the great military myth of security try being in a unit where the interloping civies have more chance of finding out what is happening with respect to tours, attachments postings etc, also Frank D-L is clever just a bit darkly humorous intellectual types are.

12. Security is not a dirty word........crevice is a dirty word :twisted:

Sorry frank, but where I work I need some outlet for my humorous side or I'll disappear forever under a sea of misery 8O

13. Well said Frank, Nice one centurion!

14. I love it when total no marks appear on ARRSE and lecture all of us 'idiots' about 'security' and 'opsec' and 'slagging off that nice lady with blonde hair and an unhealthy obsession with SF'.

Feck off *********! Most of the regular crowd on here are well aware of the implications and ramifications of 'naming and shaming' in the public domain.

Leave the sabre rattling to the Mods - if you can't post constructively, then don't.

Out.

15. The Sloping Wire wrote:
    Surely a reminder about security is a constructive post whereas a pointless rant telling "*********" to "feck off" is not??