Security wanted for the olympics

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by pitmans, Mar 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Everyone,
    I'm from a recruitment company called Pitman's People, we are based in Shoreditch (London) and staff events all around the UK.
    At the moment were looking for people who would be interested in doing security at some events including the Olympics.
    If you are SIA licensed or have experience in close protection, static guarding, chaperone services and first aid, or you would like to know more information, then please just send over an email to, to receive more info.
    We look forward to hearing from you
    Kind Regards
  2. G4S are paying between £12 an £20 per hour and throwing in free accommodation. What are you offering?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hi there,
    We are not offering accommodation as the Olympics are based in London, however we are a friendly and impressionable company we treat all our staff with care and respect and make sure that they also get the most out of whatever event they participate in.
    We will be offering lunch, and snacks throughout the day, if you are interested then just ping us across your CV
    kind regards
  4. Responding to emails would be a start, sent one across last friday and yet to receive a reply
  5. Are you Vicki? If not, tell her to get a grip and respond to emails ^_~
  6. Do you get a badge and a certificate?
  7. His point might have been that all available security staff based in London have already been signed up by the big boys. To attract anyone further afield, 'snacks' might not hack it no matter how friendly a company you are! Ping me yah!
  8. A medal would be good
  9. As I understand it most security & stewarding positions have been filled for the olympics........hmmmmmm, 'we provide lunch & snacks' - who the **** do you expect to recruit. Banal posting!
  10. "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges" (in a crap Mexican accent)
  11. I am a qualified polar bear wrangler and can be used for public order if required.
  12. An idea of what they pay would be better.

13. The Olympics are based in London? No shit? How come you're not offering free accommodation then? Are you banking on recruiting Londoners only?
  14. I concur. Wouldn't need to worry about 'lunch & snacks', should the pay be ok I could summer at my club!
  15. Pitman's People, "....a London based event labour recruitment agency. Our dynamic employment agency provides companies with cheap labour and staffing solutions for the event industry" That you? Are you registered with REC? What hourly rate are you offering? Are there any jobs listed on your site Job Board?