Security Service in Basel?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Capitano_Jack, Oct 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I'm writing on behalf of my uncle who's not really into the forum thing. He's an ex military now looking for a job in Basel, Switzerland. Does someone know the area and can give a recommedation as to where to look for a job.

Personal or object security would be ideal.

2. Full marks for being vague. All jobs considered, building site night watchman to ex THEM, wires and shit hanging out his ears.

"He's an ex military now looking for a job in Basel, Switzerland. Does someone know the area and can give a recommedation as to where to look for a job."

Er, Basel?

More helpful less sarcastic head on, this may be valid.

Security Job in Basel
  3. Can you perhaps provide us with an insight into what he'd like to do and what his skills are, please?
  4. Is he any good at banking, cheese making, chocolate manufacturing, watch making or repairs or putting cuckoos into clocks? If so he should have no problems with a job in Switzerland including Basel.

Seriously I dont know about security work in Basel though do have a contact in that sort of work in Geneva.
  5. Thanks, I've read that post, that's why I found the forum in the first place. But the thread is 2 years old, should be outdated.

He'd like to do some security work (personal security or maybe a nightclub, or event venue) and has 15 years of army experience. hasn't been in an actual conflict though, but is well-trained (unarmed combat and light firearms). Sorry, I don't know the unit or regiment or whatever you guys call it. Before he retires, he'd like to do some nice little security job, but not sth boring as warehouse guard or the like. A little more action would be nice, but not as a mercenary.

And because he chose Basel as the place where he wants to stay, he's now looking for a company to hire him over there.

Does anyone have any helpful hints?
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Where's Bugsy when you need him?
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Does he speak German?
    He needs to go to the Job Center (called the Arbeitsamt) and say he wants to join the Schutzstaffel - which is a special protection team.
  8. Guys, I'm being serious. Yes, he does speak German and no, he does not want to join the SS.

He's just looking for a regular company doing event protection and similar tasks.
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Check your PM's
  10. I was wondering how long it would take...
    I don't think he wants to sell smack though. :D

I miss the bugger/mucker... in a way ;)
  11. If he's into security work has he thought about the "Swiss Guards".
    Nice uniforms and near the centre of Rome.

12. Has he tried any of the employment agencies such as Der Baseler Arbeits vermittling?? not the arbeits amt which is actually the dole office, fluent french is also neccesary as well as german
  13. Thanks for your replies. I'm not sure though if this is really what'll help him. Yesterday evening we found an advertisement of a company called R.A.D Sicherheit, they're doing all kinds of security services in Basel. Maybe he'll try his luck there, as they have quite a broad portfolio of activitities to offer.

Thanks for your effort, everyone!
  14. Will I be called bugsy again? If indeed your uncle speaks decent German and he is happy to do security guard work (it is not badly paid at approx 5000 CHF / month that currently works out to more than 3K £ and usually better paid than bouncer. Obvious place to start is Securitas, which is the market leader. There are other competitors and there should be work as Novartis, Roche and few others have huge sites all over the city and its outskirts who would employ Securitas for the security on their sites.

Nordwestschweizer Verband der Sicherheitsfirmen is an assocation of security companies in that part of Switzerland, need to sort through them though, there appears to be every man and his dog, literally is a member... There is one more option: Aegis Defense has moved its headquarters to Basel, though I am not sure they employ any 'bodies' there, it might likely be just a mailbox. Up to him to find out. As suggested elsewhere, the CP jobs are very difficult to get into and there aren't too many open to a candidate you describe and they would be mostly in Geneva. The overall security in Switzerland is high and the threat level low (courtesy of the second highest gun ownership ratio in the world I reckon), that means there is only ever a few CP jobs to have.
  15. @ Capitano

does your uncle want to have a job, like being a bodyguard or just guarding an object as for a part-time job? i mean if he has a military qualification he could do an office job, just like a calm and relaxing writing job. But anyway, that�s up to you. your uncle can look up the following or just type security basel or even "security" into google. They might have a good offer for your uncle because they are quite big in basel. I know a friend of mine, he used to work with them and he told me about their job offers. Be sure he can get a vacancy with his military career. just have click on, hope to have helped you mr capitano.