Security scare at MI6

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jim24, Nov 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

BBC reporting now that there some kind of security incident at MI6 HQ

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Is there a link?

3. Controlled explosion on one package and another under investigation. Cordon in place and some buildings have been evacuated.

4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Not yet, one of their journos had just phoned it in

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Is this another attempt to distract us from the dire financial situation, like the toner cartridge 'blip'? I know that the Ireland fiasco has pissed off a lot of peeps. I can understand the appearance of a mysterious package at Vauxhall Cross, but quite how 'they' managed to get North Korea onboard with their barrage is beyond me...

7. Looks like that Staples delivery of ink-jet toner didn't get through. Again.

8. Why couldn't it be the other way round? MI6 reporting a security scare at the BBC. Then we could all rejoice at the big **** off hole that would occupy the space where the BBC used to be. I wouldn't mind paying my licence fee to see a constant 24 hour live feed of the 'hole'. Undoubtedly better viewing that the majority of the crap that they normally spew out!

9. Command_doh

Good idea that. Can we all chip in for some Mick bomber to knock up a little pipe number addressed to those lefty loons at Wood Lane?

10. Well their budget can't be cut now can it. Best give them another black account and some more staff. They must be doing well if people are mad enough to chain their bike to the railings, or something...

11. Command_doh! We have not forgotten about you, how are these wedding plans shaping up? I recken you post all over the forum to distract from the the thread dealing with your forthcoming wedding, this Sunday if I am not mistaken?

12. Command_doh

I said before bud, you can chat all you want in that thread. I'm out of it. I think the general ignorance and xenophobia/racial slurs soured it a bit for me. Chuckled a bit when some chod called me a civvy though. Razor wit there :) I usually post 'all over the forum' to be honest, so nothing new there.

13. Command_doh: cheer up, AHW will make it all better.

14. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I do find it a rather strange experience when you stand at the open air urinal at vauxhall looking across at legoland palace. its hardly tucked away is it. if you want to damage or property staff then there's a whole station and road network to play with

didnt someone fire a missile at it a while back? oh no hang on I think it was a bond movie!