Security professionals' advice

windswept398

Old-Salt
Hey all,

I'm taking a mucker out tonight for a few pints to cheer him up. He got passed over for promotion despite being 'guaranteed' the job. He works security in an airport.
I'm wanting to give him some words of advice, other than the usual 'Tell them to ram the job' or 'Bang your boss's wife'.
Is there any advice I could pass along? Like is there any kind of college course or something he could do to increase his chances next time?

Cheers.

windswept398

Old-Salt
Don't eat yellow snow.
Don't trust a dog with orange eyebrows
Don't do anything I wouldn't do, if you ever find anything I wouldn't do.

It's the only advice I give.

And the 'next' course is in 2018.... only those with a degree are eligible apparently - wonder if one of the internet ones will do?
The degree is negotiable. The course content doesn’t require degree level understanding.

Hey all,

I'm taking a mucker out tonight for a few pints to cheer him up. He got passed over for promotion despite being 'guaranteed' the job. He works security in an airport.
I'm wanting to give him some words of advice, other than the usual 'Tell them to ram the job' or 'Bang your boss's wife'.
Is there any advice I could pass along? Like is there any kind of college course or something he could do to increase his chances next time?

Cheers.
was he not passed over for promotion due to his gay/bisexual tendencies?

Don't put a fire out with your face, just to add to your good advice.
Don't get involved in domestic arguments...

Over 45 never trust a fart.

chimera

LE
I suppose he could always pop down to the Recruiting Office and become a real security professional...:):)

Mrsheeny

War Hero
The best thing would be to probably move to another department, or wait it out. If he waits it out there’s a good possibility that there will be tension between him and his new manager and there will only be 1 winner.

windswept398

Old-Salt
The best thing would be to probably move to another department, or wait it out. If he waits it out there’s a good possibility that there will be tension between him and his new manager and there will only be 1 winner.
I'd like to think he is above such childishness but fair point.

Don't eat yellow snow.
Don't trust a dog with orange eyebrows
Don't do anything I wouldn't do, if you ever find anything I wouldn't do.

It's the only advice I give.
Never look another man in the eye when you eat a banana.

Removes all sorts of possible confusions.

Latest Threads