Security Officer Abu Dhabi

Position Now Closed, many thanks for your interest.

Our client, a Swiss American multinational, is recruiting for 4 security officers for their project in Abu Dhabi; on offer is a £40k salary, 40 days leave four return flights, accommodation allowance and medical and life insurance. Would suit a younger person - apologies to the old and bold, I'm just relaying the requirements - and recent leaver, as there is a lot of running around plus to-ing and fro-ing.

Would ideally suit Ex MP, Navy and RAF Provost services as well as trained RP Staff

PM me for details/to moan about the age thing.

Job Description:

Security Officer

Branch Security Project Manager

Job Description:

* The SO will secure, protect and look after the life of employees as and when told to do so by his direct and indirect managers
* The SO will protect the different interest of the Company as defined to him by his direct and indirect managers
* The SO will have to be prepared and able to work long hours in though environment
* The SO will work according the Ethical Code of the Security Team.

Duties and Responsibilities:

* Secures and protects the lives of the employees or the company official guest and VIPs
* Executes instruction and follows security procedures and protocols as told and instructed by his managers
* Submits weekly report on his activities and status per assignment
* Shares personal knowledge and experience with other team members
* Participates and successfully completing periodic training as requested by the division managers. The training session will be considered in the periodic personal evaluation.

Requirements / Experience

* 4 years of experience with the areas of physical security while working for an official governmental agency, the police or the military
* Strong background on physical security (concepts and protocols)
* Knowledge in CCTV systems, access control, Command and Control software
* Able to work under pressure in constantly changing environments * With the ability to understand and examine variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
* Must possess experience with the different aspects of physical security, close protection, events, mobile and static security (managing control rooms – Beneficial)
* Working experience in hot climates – Preferred
* Driver License – Must
* English speaker
* Able to take initiatives independently
* Able to process vast amount of information simultaneously and to act upon it
* The employee must be healthy and fit man
* Team player
Word of warning: Abu Dhabi is getting more expensive to live, rental accom is now more expensive than in Dubai.

I would also add that many landlords require a years rent up front which unless available in advance from the employer comes out of your own pocket leaving you vulnerable if you do not complete a probationary period. There is also no mention of transport allowance or end of term benefit. I would also ask about working days per week and day/night/weekend working (NB 'long hours' in Job Description). A good website to research prices of cars and accommodation in Abu Dhabi is Property Real Estate for Sale and Rent. Jobs in the Middle East and North Africa , Free Classifieds in with Dubizzle.com. Food is relatively inexpensive but expect to pay GBP 5 to 6 for a pint of beer outside happy hours.

Agree with all the above, it is not cheap in Abu Dhabi, but the client is providing the accommodation allowance on top of the salary, with first three months accommodation is provided free. The relocation people will deal with any dodgy landlords. It does include the end of term benefit as per UAE law, transport is done centrally, if you need to get somewhere for work they will get you there, day to day commuting is covered, 5 day working week normally, you may be required to work some weekends, recruiting at least four so go figure! Have placed over 20 people there in the last year, no real substantive complaints so far, except for one, but he would complain about the colour of sh!te without prompting.

Agree with all the above, it is not cheap in Abu Dhabi, but the client is providing the accommodation allowance on top of the salary, with first three months accommodation is provided free. The relocation people will deal with any dodgy landlords. It does include the end of term benefit as per UAE law, transport is done centrally, if you need to get somewhere for work they will get you there, day to day commuting is covered, 5 day working week normally, you may be required to work some weekends, recruiting at least four so go figure! Have placed over 20 people there in the last year, no real substantive complaints so far, except for one, but he would complain about the colour of sh!te without prompting.
Didn't want to sound negative shippers, but as I live and work here I thought I'd give the heads up on the expensive stuff (comes naturally to a Jock!)

Well hopefully I've explained enough for it not to be an issue! Abu Dhabi is not Skegness so it isn't going to be cheap.

HI Patches, PM me on here and I will give you some contact details!

Are SO armed and does include CP details, not quite clear from your post? I might have someone in mind, though not a UK citizen and not a member of this forum, how does he get in touch with you? The pay isn't great all things considered, AD is very expensive.

Viceroy, PM Me for more details. Non UK citizens are welcome. Will check on the armed issue. CP is a small part of the role. But part of it none the less . The pay is US$67000 pa, so yes, it isn't the pop star wages in Iraq or Afghanistan, Abu Dhabi is expensive, but on the plus side you don't have hordes of militia men trying to kill you and generally ruin your day with IEDs etc., and a whole load of other stuff you can't do in the recent and current theatres, additionally all the allowances are on top of that base salary plus some other perks. I can't give all the details out here in an open forum, but am willing to discuss them on e-mail etc.

The opening is now closed!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Simon - Quest Magazine Jobs Offered 0
Anascena Jobs Offered 10
steinlagerXV Jobs Offered 0