Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Security Companies pretending to be police

fastmedic said:
Talking of plod look-alikes, just returning from the supermarket and saw what I thought was a plod Focus. Newham Parks Constabulary no less. Looked like a regular beat cab with bar light and livery to boot.

Newham Parks Constabulary? This shyte needs addressing. Whether they're in support of the politzei or not, they SHOULD NOT be uniformed as such. They're nothing more than park wardens and have limited civil power on parks' property. I know there's historic precedence with parks police, but non-Home Office 'constabularies' are exacerbating an already complicated system. We either have fully-trained coppers with full powers... or not.

Mincing about dressed as Dibble is very confusing to any but the initiated. This grey area needs shading in rapid. I was not aware of any of these organisations 48 hours ago, and now it seems they're alles uber der platz.

Just got back from dropping a mate off at a car show.
How's this for super cop walting?

Actually the guy driving it is sound as fcuk and his girlfriend is pretty stunning so I can forgive him.
I had to drive in front of him down the street in case the real rozzers saw his pretty lights.

EX_STAB said:
I do think there is a role for highway patrols but they should not be given Police powers and I think you have been.

We do not have police powers, the only authority we have is in traffic management. Granted we have taken over a large slice of former police responsibilities, it is only the mundane stuff that doesn't need a highly skilled, highly paid roads policing officer. This frees up the police to concentrate on proper roads policing/criminality etc

ex_monkey said:
EX_STAB said:
I do think there is a role for highway patrols but they should not be given Police powers and I think you have been.

We do not have police powers, the only authority we have is in traffic management. Granted we have taken over a large slice of former police responsibilities, it is only the mundane stuff that doesn't need a highly skilled, highly paid roads policing officer. This frees up the police to concentrate on proper roads policing/criminality etc

so you can't issue speeding tickets, fixed penalty notices then?

No, they can't all they can do is tell you to stop, and if you don't then they can call a policeman to provide enforcement.

However, i've heard that if you decide that you don't want to stop and knock the HATO out of the way then you will get the grand total of f**k all done to you!! (certainly if you're in warwickshire!)

BuckFelize said:
fastmedic said:
Talking of plod look-alikes, just returning from the supermarket and saw what I thought was a plod Focus. Newham Parks Constabulary no less. Looked like a regular beat cab with bar light and livery to boot.

Newham Parks Constabulary? This shyte needs addressing. Whether they're in support of the politzei or not, they SHOULD NOT be uniformed as such. They're nothing more than park wardens and have limited civil power on parks' property. I know there's historic precedence with parks police, but non-Home Office 'constabularies' are exacerbating an already complicated system. We either have fully-trained coppers with full powers... or not.

Mincing about dressed as Dibble is very confusing to any but the initiated. This grey area needs shading in rapid. I was not aware of any of these organisations 48 hours ago, and now it seems they're alles uber der platz.
Well as a newbie walt myself I'm always looking to upgrade my credentials so I've posted Roy's mini 'C.V'..What I want to know is how I can be like 'Roy' and work with the 'Met'..." Roy's previous job was with the Met Police as a warrant officer(I want some..!!) and police community support officer(This is O.K. and the new path of 'walting') He also worked as a Special Constable for ten years(Yawn..boring..commendable..but the old path of walting!!)

He said: "I became a Parks Constable because I wanted to explore this unique side of the policing role and I want to serve the community"

Yup..good bloke..but can't get my head around whats unique about 'Parks Constables'..GBH, Rape, Murder,Robbery..teenagers shagging..etc is pretty much the same whether surounded by used condoms, junkie srynges, dog shit, empty cans of special brew, used disposable nappies with the addition of as few trees/bushes or a shopping mall...c'mon guy's help me out..all I want to be is a 'credible walt' and with these cnuts around i'm going to have a uphill struggle.....

P.S...Roy + others..."They were officially sworn in at Stratford Magistrates Court"...Wah..!!

It gets better. Check this lot out: Wandsworth Parks Police. Are these non-Home Office parkies or what? Whatever. It makes for interesting reading - especially the bit about jap slapping and batons?

Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea Parks Police. Fcuk me this is ace. I can get dressed up as a copper and rock around in a fecking great jeep-thing, and... this is the great bit... I STILL WOULD HAVE NO MORE POWERS THAN A FCUKING POSTMAN! They are NOT police. However. Check their wheels out. Forget the Highways Agency. There is no mistaking this vehicle for what it is meant to represent. If that is NOT going to cause confusion then I don't know what is.

Attachments

• waggon.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,027
BuckFelize said:
It gets better. Check this lot out: Wandsworth Parks Police. Are these non-Home Office parkies or what? Whatever. It makes for interesting reading - especially the bit about jap slapping and batons?

Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea Parks Police. Fcuk me this is ace. I can get dressed up as a copper and rock around in a fecking great jeep-thing, and... this is the great bit... I STILL WOULD HAVE NO MORE POWERS THAN A FCUKING POSTMAN! They are NOT police. However. Check their wheels out. Forget the Highways Agency. There is no mistaking this vehicle for what it is meant to represent. If that is NOT going to cause confusion then I don't know what is.

Thgis vehicle is equipped with blueys. WTF enables this to be fitted with response kit that is not allowed to be used on a public highway at IR calls.

These clowns are holding no more authority than S36 of PACE.

Rant now over, cooled and able to take deep breaths.

Edited once for mong spelling due to Laphroaig OD.......

fastmedic

EX_STAB said:
so you can't issue speeding tickets, fixed penalty notices then?

Got it in one!! we don't do tickets,speeding, or enforcement of any kind, however IT IS an offence not to comply with our directions when carrying out traffic management, e.g. if we are doing a rolling road block to allow debris to be removed from the carriageway, put in closures for roadworks and various other things. and you breach that block, you will be taken to court and fined heavily and receive points for doing so. There was a case in Greater Manchester where the police took a driver to court on our behalf for breaching a road block. The driver received a £500 fine and 6 points on his license.

BuckFelize said:

:lol: :lol: I think there is a tribe of Holland Park walts employed to chase away loafers from the park? :lol: :lol: LOLLIPOP LADIES SHOULD BE GIVEN MEDALS AND FREE HOLIDAYS< YES? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a whole walty world of non-cops out there and it's quite fascinating/worrying. This makes for interesting reading. I jokingly commented about arming PCSOs with Tasers, but after reading this? Batons = potentially lethal. Tasers = non-lethal.

When is a copper not a copper? When he's a sworn in 'constable' under section 18, Ministry of Housing and Local Government Provision Order Confirmation (Greater London Parks and Open Spaces) Act 1967. Only having powers to deal with by-laws relating to parks and open spaces under their control, in what way do these people differ from PCSOs? They have no powers over and above that of an ordinary MOP to deal with criminal law. They are not police officers. Yet you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference: badged up as police and tooling around in 4x4s marked as police with blues & twos and battenburg livery. This is beyond PCSOs.

Barking & Dagenham Parks Police

Hammersmith & Fulham Parks Constabulary

Hampstead Heath Constabulary

Haringey Parks Constabulary

Hillingdon Parks Police

Kensington & Chelsea Parks Police

Newham Parks Constabulary

Redbridge Parks Police

Sutton Parks Constabulary

Wandsworth Parks Police

Why do Wandsworth Parks 'Police' need a vehicle like this? If they've no powers of arrest, just how are they going to manhandle someone in to this fecker for letting his dog shit in the duck pond. As these 'officers' are only (technically) local council officials, it's safe to say that these fancy waggons are being funded by Joe (Council) Taxpayer. No wonder Council Tax is orbital. Would the millions wasted on faux Dibble be better spent on real ones? I think we should be told.

Attachments

• van.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 970
Just to put another take on this I hassled a security muppet at work the other week about something trivial, turns out he was a copper responding to a rape alarm.
If a PCSO is allowed to do about the same as your generic busybody (neighbourhood watch anybody) and secruity guards fit, roughly, into the same legal category (IDK I'm a civvy) should we introduce rank badges denoting what they can and cannot do or was the dark blue uniform too obvious.

Not trying to be aggressive, just trying to highlight the whole blurring of the situation.

node said:
BuckFelize said:

:lol: :lol: I think there is a tribe of Holland Park walts employed to chase away loafers from the park? :lol: :lol: LOLLIPOP LADIES SHOULD BE GIVEN MEDALS AND FREE HOLIDAYS< YES? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least lolipop ladies have proper legal authotity on par with the police..if travelling in/on any form of wheeled transport and you are asked to stop by a lolipop lady you are legally obliged to do so, as you would be if asked to do so by a uniformed police constable......

Without going into the motivation or "Waltishness" of people who go into these jobs, and no doubt there are some walts among them, the whole uniform and livery set up is obviously an attempt by the organisers to fool the public into thinking these are "proper" police forces.