Security code and Desert Cam Skin

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Cow, Apr 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

I've been trying to logon all night but have not been able to view the security code (comes up with red X). Trying various things I got round to changing the Skin, as had tried everything else and it appeared! Is this a known problem? Can't find anything when I searched and it took me ages to logon to the site?

2. Me too!

I hadn't thought of changing skins though. Thanks for the tip.

T_T

3. what skin were you using when it didn't work and which one did you change to?

ski.

edited to add, I only ask as the admins will want to know. Also, I guess there will be others struggleing with this.

4. Desert (default) to start with, then I changed to worksafe,

I thought it was just problems with the work pc.

5. Cow

Cow LE

Desert Cam then Work safe also, was swearing at the IT Guys... good job its night time!

6. The Security Code module wasn't running so I switched to Old ARRSE and it worked.

Logged in and it went straight back to desert cam.

I'm running IE7, sitting upstairs and my desk faces south.

7. msr

msr LE

Well, there's your problem.

msr

8. Thaks for the tip just cahnged the skin and it works. Been trying to work out what was wrong for over an Hour

9. Sometimes the solutions are so simple, much like me.

Had to repeat the process as the email link to this thread required me to login again.

10. Cow. You're a f*cking star. I thought this was a cheeky DII way of stopping me logging onto arrse.

11. Fingers crossed, this may work as a filter to stop certain dull individuals from logging on.
    Hopefully Pentwyn/Chubby has burst a blood vessel trying to figure it out.

12. Top tip about change of skin, thanks! Just realise how sexy the Old Arrse looks.

13. thanx for the tip changed to old arrse skin and hamish is ya uncle :D

14. Same Here!

Sorry to have troubled you MODS - should have looked here first :oops:

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've no idea why this suddenly happened. I've solved it by restarting the server which is frustrating as I spent fing ages looking for other things before. Sorted now anyway.