Security Clearance

Hi all,

I'm not ex- anything, just a civilian but if you can help with a question, I'd appreciate it.

My employers may require me to apply for security clearance as they are contractors for the MOD. Now, as a feckless student back in 1992 I got a conviction for dishonesty. I'm not proud of it, but no-one was to blame but myself so I have got on with things, put it behind me and largely forgotten about it. However, if I now apply for security clearance through my sponsors, is there ANY chance I will get it or have I automatically disqualified myself from SC for evermore? No real probs if the latter, I'll put it down to being a numbskull and tell my kids not to be as stupid as I was.

Also, if I apply and am unsuccessful, will my employer/sponsor be made aware of the reason for denial of clearance by DVA?

Thanks for your time.

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
Be honest in your application.

look at the following LINK for information.

In all likelihood you would get a clearance at SC as long as you are honest.

DV is a more complex matter.

Guest_01 said:
Hi all,

I'm not ex- anything, just a civilian but if you can help with a question, I'd appreciate it.

My employers may require me to apply for security clearance as they are contractors for the MOD. Now, as a feckless student back in 1992 I got a conviction for dishonesty. I'm not proud of it, but no-one was to blame but myself so I have got on with things, put it behind me and largely forgotten about it. However, if I now apply for security clearance through my sponsors, is there ANY chance I will get it or have I automatically disqualified myself from SC for evermore? No real probs if the latter, I'll put it down to being a numbskull and tell my kids not to be as stupid as I was.

Also, if I apply and am unsuccessful, will my employer/sponsor be made aware of the reason for denial of clearance by DVA?

Thanks for your time.
You will not make basic CTC.