Security Clearance

TBCROW

Crow
Hi guys,

Just completed my Security Clearance form.

I'm a bit worried about the financial elements of it. In summary, I racked up a bit of credit card debt in my late teens / early 20s, £10k to be precise that is sitting on a 0% interest credit card. I have never missed a payment and have direct debits set up and I'm not in any financial difficulty as far as paying this and living a life. I'm just worried that it might affect my application and chances of starting RMAS. I declared all of this on my form as it's best to be honest in these forms.

Has anyone had experience with a similar case, or Indeed passed SC despite a degree of financial issues?

I personally can't see it being a problem considering you have maintained a perfect payment record and the debt isn't affecting anything else in your life. Presuming of course your perfect record isn't backed up by thugs cutting a finger off every few weeks :)

Good luck to you in your new career.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi guys,

I'm a bit worried about the financial elements of it. In summary, I racked up a bit of credit card debt in my late teens / early 20s, £10k to be precise that is sitting on a 0% interest credit card. I have never missed a payment and have direct debits set up and I'm not in any financial difficulty as far as paying this and living a life. I'm just worried that it might affect my application and chances of starting RMAS. I declared all of this on my form as it's best to be honest in these forms.

Has anyone had experience with a similar case, or Indeed passed SC despite a degree of financial issues?
Yes. No. Maybe.

Hi guys,

Won't be an issue. Don't worry about it. Just maintain the payments and live within your means.

Latest Threads