Security Clearance

Hi,

I am in the process of joining a T.A. unit that requires me to be Vetted to Security Clearance level but I think I have come up against a pretty large stumbling block being the rules on Security Clearance.

Problem 1. I was given a Police Caution about eight years ago for possession of cocaine. (It was a drunken bafoon moment in life to be regreted for ever more)

Problem 2. I have default notices on my credit report. My finances are in order now with a CCCS management plan but understand that it won't look good.

All in all it makes me sound like a pretty bad egg I know, but, if somebody could let me know what the chances of obtaining Security Clearance are I would be extremely grateful

Cheers

Ref. Point 2, if the DMV(?) have a problem with your finances you'll get a second form to fill in to clarify the situation.

The main point of the security checks is to make sure you can't be blackmailed into giving away classified information to a spy from Timbuktu etc and to make sure you didn't/don't belong to subversive groups and plan on world domination - that kind of thing.

As already stated, so long as you are 100% honest, don't try to hide anything and there are no skeletons in the closet than could be used to blackmail you then you'll be fine.

As above. The DVA aren't interested in what kind of naughtiness you've been up to in the past (up to a point) however they want to see all your skeletons neatly laid out in front of them. Don't try and hide anything - lack of integrity will really screw you.
TBH I know people with DV with far more colourful pasts than you seem to have, let alone SC.

As above. The DVA aren't interested in what kind of naughtiness you've been up to in the past (up to a point) however they want to see all your skeletons neatly laid out in front of them. Don't try and hide anything - lack of integrity will really screw you.
TBH I know people with DV with far more colourful pasts than you seem to have, let alone SC.
Do I know you?

No, but I know you.