Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Derfel2010, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys I have to get SC cleared. I have a couple of those £70 on the spot fines for public disorder - being a pratt and drunk, not good arguing with coppers lol.

It was about four years ago, any idea if they will be a problem, I never went to court, and they don't show up on my CRB, as not technically a criminal record.

I get the idea this might be an interesting point of discussion.....
  2. If you admitted them when you joined up and they are as you say, especially if you were a bit young at the time, I can't see you having any real problem.

Fixed penalty notices didn't really exist (except for traffic offences) when I was running platoons of young lads - but they got in to the usual range of trouble (service and civvy police) and generally maintained their clearances.

Admit them on the sodding forms, though. They will catch you out and, lying to the vetting people is the easiest way not to get a(ny) clearance.
  3. So long as you declear it o your SC from you should be ok.

The SC mostly ask's about family back ground they want to make sure you have no relitives that may be linked to banned groups (IRA, ILA, to name a few)

You TM/RAO should be able to give you more advice on this.
  4. Actually, that's a completely different clearance - the Counter Terrorist Check (see SPF, V3.0, Policy 3, para 6 for the openly released explanation.)
  5. As above just make sure you declare them on the form and there shouldn't be an issue. Theft and other crimes of untrustworthiness are much more likely to affect an SC application.
  6. Mate,

I had a feller on my relief as a uniformed police officer who had a s5 Public Order fixed penalty notice that he picked up whilst he was a copper.

It won't be a problem, I suggest.

There is a school of thought that you're not a well rounded chap until you've had at least one decent brush with the law!

And the Armyis more grown up about these things than the police!
  7. I'm SC cleared. I have convictions for Section 2 & 3 Public Order Act. I declared everything. No dramas.

Honesty is the only policy.
  8. Section 2? Good effort Sir!
  9. BAS well done on the section 1!! :D
  10. Thanks guys, sounds like I can relax and I will certainly be declaring them!

in reply to yor question 'whatamidoing' it is for the Army.