Security Clearance

Can anyone help here?

How long does it take for security clearing for local govt work?

I am asking on behalf of someone who sent his UK govt forms (his words not mine) off yesterday as part of the recruitment process for a job with a new company who works into the gov, I dont think its sensitive work just routine security checks. He is a Scandanavian national.

I assume a month, is this standard or should he expect more/less?

Any comments from those familiar with the process are gratefully received

Vonshot said:
Can anyone help here?

How long does it take for security clearing for local govt work?

I am asking on behalf of someone who sent his UK govt forms (his words not mine) off yesterday as part of the recruitment process for a job with a new company who works into the gov, I dont think its sensitive work just routine security checks. He is a Scandanavian national.

I assume a month, is this standard or should he expect more/less?

Any comments from those familiar with the process are gratefully received
BPSS, BC or (unlikely for local govt but possible - SC)?

If the new company is List X or otherwise approved, they should be able to complete BPSS within a couple of weeks.

BC - depends on how efficient the local arrangements are. This could be problematic. Your 'a month' is a good guess.

SC - will take much longer than for a UK national / long-term UK resident, as they will have to do checks in Scandinavia.

P

PrinceAlbert

It also depends on the company. Some take a lot longer than others for some reason?

CRBs are about 6 - 8 weeks

BPSS (BS/BC) take about the same time

SC takes aprox 2 -4 months depending on your background (the more sneaky the longer the searches take as the info is buryed deeper

DV take up to 6 months due to the interviews etc

Many thanks for the replies, any ideas on how quick or slow for the lowest clearence? I think these are generic security checks but he said the forms were HM Gov ones