Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Vonshot, Sep 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help here?

How long does it take for security clearing for local govt work?

I am asking on behalf of someone who sent his UK govt forms (his words not mine) off yesterday as part of the recruitment process for a job with a new company who works into the gov, I dont think its sensitive work just routine security checks. He is a Scandanavian national.

I assume a month, is this standard or should he expect more/less?

Any comments from those familiar with the process are gratefully received
  2. BPSS, BC or (unlikely for local govt but possible - SC)?

If the new company is List X or otherwise approved, they should be able to complete BPSS within a couple of weeks.

BC - depends on how efficient the local arrangements are. This could be problematic. Your 'a month' is a good guess.

SC - will take much longer than for a UK national / long-term UK resident, as they will have to do checks in Scandinavia.
  3. It also depends on the company. Some take a lot longer than others for some reason?
  4. CRBs are about 6 - 8 weeks

BPSS (BS/BC) take about the same time

SC takes aprox 2 -4 months depending on your background (the more sneaky the longer the searches take as the info is buryed deeper

DV take up to 6 months due to the interviews etc
  5. Many thanks for the replies, any ideas on how quick or slow for the lowest clearence? I think these are generic security checks but he said the forms were HM Gov ones