Security clearance TA clerk

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by brettarider, Jun 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Can anyone tell me the security clearance required for this job and how long it lasts for I joined as a clerk and rebadged back to RLC just wondering if clearance is still valid and what time SC/DV? might be worth some schekels job wise :D

2. good question,
    Ive been vetted in the past when i worked for a MoD contractor we were the suppliers for the EOD vehicles that are in use now, based on the daf chassis, so we had to install some fancy pieces of kit into the likes of the CBRN vans and that. wonder if my clearance still stands?

3. When I joined the Regs I had to have a Security check as I have relatives in NI. 10 years later when joining the TA I had to have another as I was informed, by Glasgow :roll: , that the previous one could not be relied upon.

4. Mil Clerks should be SC cleared - this lasts for 10 years then needs to be reviewed

5. So if you left the Regular Army 7 years ago the security clearance would still be valid? Would it speed up the paperwork time when joining the TA?

6. Not neccasarily, once you have been discharged i believe that your clearance may not be valid from that point, thus having to fill out another form... which are long and boring.

I had to fill out one for a Civvy job a while back, then about 4 months later when i joined the TA i had to do another.. so as per usual army admin makes mo sense.

7. Although vetting provided by DVA normally lasts for 10 years it lapses 12 months from discharge.

8. SC Clearance is valid for up to 10 years from completion, regardless of whether you leave a job or not. However, that is not to say that an prospective employer won't demand a review. If there is a gap of 12 months or more between employment, a full review might not be required, but a lot of it is circumstantial.

DV has to be re-examined every five years regardless.

9. Nope. DV is reviewed 5 years after initial clearance, then every 7 years after that. Anyone under 21 at the time of being granted DV is also subject to an annual review until they reach that age.

10. Nope. DV is reviewed 5 years after initial clearance, then every 7 years after that. Anyone under 21 at the time of being granted DV is also subject to an annual review until they reach that age.