Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Clearance - NSV DBS Advice

Hi all

Im new so hopefully I've posted in the right bit, if not I will re-post. My son is a JS at AFC and has been since March and is loving it. He passes out September 10th :)

He is going to Blandford for phase two when he passes out, he had a email few weeks ago to do a Security Clearance form which he had already done before he started at Harrogate and few weeks ago had a email to do another, not sure if its mistake so anyway filled the form out online again and at first said status:- completed now when he logs on it says cancelled ? no idea why
its saying this as we haven't cancelled anything our end, I just wonder as its already been done in Feb that they realised and cancelled it.

Just worried as he needs this for his phase two at Blandford but hoping its just been cancelled as he already has one ?

Any advice would be appreciated, hes only 17 and wondered if anyone had any advice ?

Thank you

Exactly what @urban_spaceman said. Tell your lad to speak to his Platoon Commander and tell him the problem. Tell him to say that the PVRO at Blandford can help. If his Platoon Commander doesn't understand because he's a combat arm, tell your lad to speak to the head of Royal Signals at Harrogate - they'll understand.

Thank you for your replies, what PVRO stand for ? I will let him know when i know and he can sort it out tomorrow hopefully, I know he does need to start to do his Admin himself i agree he needs to sort things himself i just thought i would ask just in case :) he did one of these SC forms before he started so hopefully they realised this and wont need another one as meant to last 10 years I thought, it will get sorted either way im sure. Thank you

Thank you for your replies, what PVRO stand for ? I will let him know when i know and he can sort it out tomorrow hopefully, I know he does need to start to do his Admin himself i agree he needs to sort things himself i just thought i would ask just in case :) he did one of these SC forms before he started so hopefully they realised this and wont need another one as meant to last 10 years I thought, it will get sorted either way im sure. Thank you
Just let the team at Blandford sort him out. He'll be fine.

Sadurina

Old-Salt
Something similar happened to me. More than three months ater applying for SC, got the 'cancelled' message. I contacted my sponsors, who were able to sort it out. Eventually the SC came through, after six months total waiting.

Mattb

LE
I may be missing something here, but DBS and SC are not the same thing - so if it is a DBS form then it may well be that it's required in addition to an existing SC.

Defence Business Services (DBS) are the organisation that conducts vetting, including Security Check (SC).

Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) is a check of your criminal records to make sure you are appropriate to work with minors.

In this case, DBS are conducting SC on a Junior Soldier.

The Personnel Vetting Records Officer (PVRO) at an establishment can liaise with DBS to manage clearances. If the JS is having issues with DBS, the PVRO can help them. If AFC don't have one, Blandford will.

Hi all

Im new so hopefully I've posted in the right bit, if not I will re-post. My son is a JS at AFC and has been since March and is loving it. He passes out September 10th :)

He is going to Blandford for phase two when he passes out, he had a email few weeks ago to do a Security Clearance form which he had already done before he started at Harrogate and few weeks ago had a email to do another, not sure if its mistake so anyway filled the form out online again and at first said status:- completed now when he logs on it says cancelled ? no idea why
its saying this as we haven't cancelled anything our end, I just wonder as its already been done in Feb that they realised and cancelled it.

Just worried as he needs this for his phase two at Blandford but hoping its just been cancelled as he already has one ?

Any advice would be appreciated, hes only 17 and wondered if anyone had any advice ?

Thank you

Your son can e-mail the UKSV Enquiry Centre Advisor through the e-mail address provided on the UKSV portal. They state that they are working at reduced capacity because of Covid-19 but he should get a reply after a day or two.

It may well be that the first SC application was completed successfully but because of some mix up it was asked for again, particularly if different people at the UKSV are handling the application or perhaps through some miscommunication between the UKSV and the sponsor, and like you suggest, they realised their mistake and rectified it. A quick e-mail should clear it up. If there is an issue I'm sure your son will be advised accordingly.

To avoid confusion regarding the acronym DBS - Defence Business Services and the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) are different organisations. I wouldn't have thought that he'd need a DBS (ex-CRB) Certificate if he's not working with children or vulnerable adults.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Don.t go for DBS just after a group of priests or it will take ages!

1596387029556.png

Thank you all, its all sorted, as I thought because he did one in January they cancelled the one he has just done as already has the clearance, it was sent in error.

Thank you all again.

Latest Threads