Security clearance and bad debt

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by crosbunny, Mar 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys

Hopefully someone can answer this, I have the SC and CTC security form to fill in and it asks about bad debt. Now I've not been made bankrupt or any CCJ's but I have a couple of defaults and I'm currently paying back at reduced rates. My question is will this affect my clearance. I'm paying everything back and everyone is happy, got into debt after birth of baby buying this and that etc and suddenly in debt

If you can answer I would be most grateful

cheers

2. msr

msr LE

Check your PMs

msr

3. Cheers MSR, anyone admit to to this had any issues pm if a bit shy about it

cheers

4. main thing is - always be totally honest. withholding facts / being creative is far more likely to fail you your vetting than anything bad you think you've done.

5. Just tagging on with this post..

Will CCJ's , debt or bad credit stop you when you're going through the process of training with the T.A.? Ive been told it will do with the regular army.

6. Simple answer - put all the details onto the form and use the extra pages for additional info. They're pretty thorough and not likely to bin you just beccause of one issue. You would probably get you to fill in a financial supplement (breakdown of income/outgoings) if they need more info on that.

Get it done quickly though, SC clearances are taking a fair while to get processed at the moment.