Security at RAF Woodvale

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Grey_Mafia65, Oct 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Considering they got in by smashing through a crash gate, what would any standard camp's security have done to stop them?
  2. Dont the guards carry rifles and ammunition these days.
  3. At least raise the alarm so that they wouldn't have time to get to the helicopter, smash it up and set fire to it!
  4. They didn't go through the front gate. I've never seen armed guards on a locked back gate in my time.

They didn't set the heli on fire. Someone disturbed them before they did, so obviously someone was around at the time. I'd suggest that had the same happened on any military camp on the country, they probably would have had time to do some damage before the QRF/Gd Force found them.
  5. Thats the point!!!

This is an absolute disgrace and I blame Both the Police and the Armed Forces for this one.

The Police should fork out for better protection for such a precious and vital resource and a Military camp (Training or otherwise) should be better protected against any threats directed at MOD/Defence Estates property.

Has it become mandatory for us to be caught with our pants down by arrse holes who don't even know their own post code when they get locked up?

Its an absolute joke and heads should roll purely on the basis of what "Could" have happened.
  6. There is a trend developing here…

that's the 3rd Police helicopter taken out in the last few months in England. Seems the crims are getting pissed off with them.
  7. Because besides the 3 year old 1.7 Astra Diesel with an oil leak and a dodgy clutch we have nothing else can get near them once they commit an offence and make good their escape.

Force Helicopters are one of the few assets keeping crimes involving a getaway vehicle down as the crims know they only have to drive dangerously for a few minutes now in order to get a pursuit cancelled.
  8. Looks like I'm going to have a good nights sleep for some time - I'm directly below their flight path when they return to base.

However, some scrotes also took out some patrol cars at the Maghull nick last week, so something must be going down soon.

Really I don't know whether to laugh or cry......
  9. If you live where I think you live worry not... Your local nick has just got two new "Response" vehicles.

:x You couldn't make it up.

10. They look like wheelchair wagons.
  11. WTF is that? 8O
  12. They handle like The moon and have the same 0 - 60 as a buried coffin. However they came with first aid kits, blue lights which decide they want to work as often as your average chav and a CCTV system that is not designed to monitor the driver... Honest!
  13. Sorry, CJ, wrong county :D
  14. Ahh - That makes you Posh then :D