Secunia Personal Software Inspector

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by msr, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. It's free :)
  3. Well it scanned my pooter in short time and reported eight vulnerable/dodgy software applications. It also gave threat ratings, solutions, and forums.

Wikipedia says this:

Just wished I hadn't clicked the OpenOffice patch :evil:
  4. Yes am still feckin here , whose :evil: idea was this.....? its ten to two man.
    48 MB of 127 MB copied, feck it, time for bed, don't care.
  5. Just exactly what are you doing Tremaine? Secunia is less than 2Mb...
  6. msr

msr LE

This is a really great piece of software. It has taken me some time to remove obsolete / dangerous / unpatched apps from my network.

7. Stupid me mate, decided to click on summat and it started downloading 127 MB. Mind you, this is a seriously good free proggy. Agreed.
  8. Have been using it for about 3 months now, bloody good prog, (Official Ver 1 was released 25/11/08). Agree with difficulties with patching/removing Apps mentioned earlier, also find some update links appear broken, A hint that some apps need a downloaded removal tool might help some people. Have E-mailed them ref the recycle bin been swept (they say it's not supposed to! got to shoot for that 100%). Another handy app is 360desktop, a wide scrolling screen for XP and V. (and it will support widgets).
  9. For some reason the Microsoft Office Patch won't work;

"unexpected version" or something like that. :roll:

On the bright side I patched numerous other programs.
  10. Yeh, in the last couple of days my word and excel 2000 were flagged as insecure and I had to hunt down and manually update them, at least it told me they were available. They,ve got there own community forum going since the 25/11 so any grief/fixes are kicked around there.