Sectioned by mistake?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Dear Josh

It certainly had been an exhausting and frustrating year, but I think sheer physical exhaustion played more of a part than any "normal reaction to life events".

Also, and this is a biggie, which I only thought about last night whilst out with friends (very glad I made the effort to go by the way), and that is DEHYDRATION!!. Most people are aware of what this can do to elderly people who get urinary tract infections which then send them a bit doolally. (Im not at that stage yet, before you ask).

I definitely had, and still have, a raging thirst most of the time - I'm a quaffer of long drinks at the best of times, and never without water/decaff coffee/juice most of the day and night!

Oddly enough, my partner said that whenever he visited me in hospital, after half an hour or so, he felt the same - possibly to do with the controlled atmosphere/aircon sucking out any moisture?

Also, weight gain was mentioned as a side effect - another oddity is that people who have not seen me for a couple of months have been saying "ooh, you look well, have you lost weight!?"

I've lost SOMETHING, and I suspect it is fluids - my clothes are hanging off me, but my weight has remained exactly the same!! Riddle me that!
Well I have met you, and you are much younger than me, and fairly slight of build anyway, perhaps all of the stress of the last year or so has caused weight loss, odd you say about the air in Hospitals, noticed that myself when visiting a family member, plus its always very warm for the old people who are not moving a lot ( me ), also now that you have moved, are you exercising more ? even walking can drop the weight a little

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
PS. You will also note that whatever time I go to bed - early or late; whatever alcohol I drink - 4 pints or nothing; I am up and doing at pretty much exactly the same time (0630 give or take a few mins).

WTF?
Menopuase ? that does weird things

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Well I have met you, and you are much younger than me, and fairly slight of build anyway, perhaps all of the stress of the last year or so has caused weight loss, odd you say about the air in Hospitals, noticed that myself when visiting a family member, plus its always very warm for the old people who are not moving a lot ( me ), also now that you have moved, are you exercising more ? even walking can drop the weight a little
First off, please stop being creepy. I am not MUCH younger than you. I am of slight build (or at least I will be when I finally shed the belly and tit fat which is always the last to go). Yes, the last year has been physically demanding - lopping trees in 90 degree heat, assembling, dismantling and shifting large items of furniture, because it's easier and quicker to do it myself than wait on someone else!).

However, if you read my previous posts carefully, although my clothes are hanging off me, my weight has been UNCHANGED IN OVER SIX MONTHS.

Menopuase ? that does weird things
Apart from the fact that this is slightly personal, I doubt very much if it's the menopause. That was over and done with years ago, with hardly any "symptoms" - it's not compulsory to be a hot sweaty mess!

I don't really mind the not sleeping. So long as my heart doesn't give out, I can actually get a fuckton of things done which I'd never even considered previously.

Are you shedding fat but building muscle. That would account for getting smaller but staying about the same weight.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you shedding fat but building muscle. That would account for getting smaller but staying about the same weight.

I have heard of this, and of course it happens when 7 stone weaklings "bulk up", but it seems unlikely in my case.

Although there is much more muscle definition than before I assumed that those muscles had merely been always there but hidden under a layer of fat!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
@Joshua Slocum

PS. Please could you remind me which books I gave you the summer before last, to pass on?

Just so I can stop looking for the buggers or wondering who I lent them to.

Cheers

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
First off, please stop being creepy. I am not MUCH younger than you. I am of slight build (or at least I will be when I finally shed the belly and tit fat which is always the last to go). Yes, the last year has been physically demanding - lopping trees in 90 degree heat, assembling, dismantling and shifting large items of furniture, because it's easier and quicker to do it myself than wait on someone else!).

However, if you read my previous posts carefully, although my clothes are hanging off me, my weight has been UNCHANGED IN OVER SIX MONTHS.

Apart from the fact that this is slightly personal, I doubt very much if it's the menopause. That was over and done with years ago, with hardly any "symptoms" - it's not compulsory to be a hot sweaty mess!

I don't really mind the not sleeping. So long as my heart doesn't give out, I can actually get a fuckton of things done which I'd never even considered previously.
I am not being creepy, I am much older than I look
my sister in law had late onset menopause think she was late 50s when it started, much to her surprise, but as I seem to have offended you I wont bother commenting again

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I am not being creepy, I am much older than I look
my sister in law had late onset menopause think she was late 50s when it started, much to her surprise, but as I seem to have offended you I wont bother commenting again

Seems like one of us is going through the menopause, and it sure as shit isn't me!

PS. Trying reading my posts carefully.

PPS. About those books, if you wouldn't mind? Ta.

I have heard of this, and of course it happens when 7 stone weaklings "bulk up", but it seems unlikely in my case.

Although there is much more muscle definition than before I assumed that those muscles had merely been always there but hidden under a layer of fat!
Read back your own post regarding you having a physically demanding year. You've answered your own question hun.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Read back your own post regarding you having a physically demanding year. You've answered your own question hun.
Also something a bit strange in my case - ever since childhood, I've had an absolute horror of losing control of my own body and mind. Hence simple things like having a childhood stomach upset would mortify me, never came to terms with the idea of falling asleep - how can I be awake and aware one minute, then simply not be? - would never undergo a general anaesthetic for that very reason etc. etc. Anything to do with "women's problems" I would simply and ignore and not even discuss with other females - too revolting, and I firmly believe that most of such "problems" are in the mind anyhow.

This would extend to almost every qualification I ever took - I would do it on my own without anyone knowing, as I didn't want any distractions - and nobody to say "I told you so" if I failed.

It may be that I have to learn not to be a control freak!

Also something a bit strange in my case - ever since childhood, I've had an absolute horror of losing control of my own body and mind. Hence simple things like having a childhood stomach upset would mortify me, never came to terms with the idea of falling asleep - how can I be awake and aware one minute, then simply not be? - would never undergo a general anaesthetic for that very reason etc. etc. Anything to do with "women's problems" I would simply and ignore and not even discuss with other females - too revolting, and I firmly believe that most of such "problems" are in the mind anyhow.

This would extend to almost every qualification I ever took - I would do it on my own without anyone knowing, as I didn't want any distractions - and nobody to say "I told you so" if I failed.

It may be that I have to learn not to be a control freak!
You is menkal.

Welcome to the club.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Update.

A couple of weeks on, and I'm feeling no better. In fact I'm feeling worse than when I was in hospital.

What to do? Not sure if the drug I'm on takes a while to kick in, and makes things worse before they get better (been there with Sertraline). Or whether the dose may be halved? I had an appointment with the doc yesterday but cancelled because I cannot face talking about this shit.

Update.

A couple of weeks on, and I'm feeling no better. In fact I'm feeling worse than when I was in hospital.

What to do? Not sure if the drug I'm on takes a while to kick in, and makes things worse before they get better (been there with Sertraline). Or whether the dose may be halved? I had an appointment with the doc yesterday but cancelled because I cannot face talking about this shit.
When you were released from Section were you placed under the care of your local Crisis Team? They should have visited or phoned you daily for the first couple of weeks to make sure you were okay and to go over meds, etc. They should also have given you a phone number to ring in case you had any issues or for in an emergency. Saying that the Dorset Crisis Team were bloody useless (as a carer our lass deals with them professionally now rather than as a client - they don't recognise her and they are still bloody useless). The phone line was also undermanned and we were often on hold for an hour. It might be different where you are.

Edited to change undermined to undermanned.

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
When you were released from Section were you placed under the care of your local Crisis Team? They should have visited or phoned you daily for the first couple of weeks to make sure you were okay and to go over meds, etc. They should also have given you a phone number to ring in case you had any issues or for in an emergency. Saying that the Dorset Crisis Team were bloody useless (as a carer our lass deals with them professionally now rather than as a client - they don't recognise her and they are still bloody useless). The phone line was also undermined and we were often on hold for an hour. It might be different where you are.
Nope. Never heard a peep from anyone in the last month.

Latest Threads