Sectioned by mistake?

Thanks mate. I'm stealing my parents' WiFi during the day, but sleeping in neighbouring woodland during the night. The council's only offer of help was that they would put me under the remit of the 'rough sleepers' team who would visit my presumed shop doorway every two days to see if I was still alive. I told them to fuck right off, I'd rather sleep under a hedge and nearly, very nearly, asked what would they provide if I'd been 'saved' from a rubber dinghy in mid-Channel.

If I had asked such a hateful question I'd no doubt be in a cell right now.

Bitter? You're fucKing right I am.
I can barely imagine what you're going through. I hope your circumstances improve, quickly.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
PS. I'm fairly certain when I read this thread tomorrow I will be overwhelmed by the support, and it will spur me on to think positively, do the things I can do, forget ....oh you know the old adage.

There is simply nobody else I can speak to because the whole convoluted history is exhausting - if they don't show some sign of understanding within the first minute or so, I have to walk away or scream. Or worse.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
...I was finally released on Tuesday 10 September...

If it happens again, I know a technique that will get you out much sooner. All you need is a syringe full of drain-cleaner, and a passing trick cyclist. PM me for details.

PS. I'm fairly certain when I read this thread tomorrow I will be overwhelmed by the support, and it will spur me on to think positively, do the things I can do, forget ....oh you know the old adage.

There is simply nobody else I can speak to because the whole convoluted history is exhausting - if they don't show some sign of understanding within the first minute or so, I have to walk away or scream. Or worse.
Stay positive; ignore the 'points scorers' on the thread, and do what you feel you need to do to get closure on this to move on.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You're not going to get peace in hospital. I was admitted via an ambulance on the 19th August, a month ago, because I was vomiting several times a day. In a month I had one saline drip for half an hour and a CT scan, that's it. I was forcibly discharged yesterday, despite the fact that I'm still vomiting several times a day and now homeless because my local council have decided that as a middle-aged white bloke I'm not a fucking 'priority'. In hospital there was always some old boy who shat himself in the middle of the night and the nurses had to clean him up whilst shouting at him because he was deaf. This was fine no matter how frequently it happened, the nurses, genuinely, are the salt of the earth, and I hope they are there for me when I'm in the same situation.

What I did object to however was the staff nurse turning her fucking CD player on at full volume at 6am and playing Lily bastard Allen on a loop for three hours.

This.

A couple of us devised a game, similar to "wankword bingo", but entitled "Medical Bollox Bingo", whereby you ticked off all the common phrases you heard during the course of a day, some harmless platitudes, others downright lies. :-D

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you stopped drinking?

Some of what you describe sounds like the symptoms of physical alcohol withdrawl.
I stopped drinking while I was in hospital of course. But funnily enough, my doc had only called me a couple of weeks previously to say my liver function was at "normal", as was my cholesterol. My BP remained at around 135 over 80, give or take the odd digit, my blood oxygen was normally 98-100%, and managed to get my pulse down to just over 60 on most occasions!. Deliberately dropping my head and shoulders and breathing deeply and slowly is something I've learned to do just for my own self-preservation.

Whenever a different nurse was on meds duty, they seemed puzzled that I was only on minimal BP and statin medication when I was admitted, both of which my GP is confident I can drop soon if I remain stable!

Indeed. I never leave any drink unattended.

The odd thing was, the night of 17 August I was on my own, so quite vigilant. I was only in the pub for approximately 40 minutes.

The night before however, I was in Swanage, being unable to get home as way too late to make the journey. Someone organised a hotel room for me and took me out for a drink. I'm not suggesting that person was responsible, but the deed may well have been done that night when I was off my guard (i.e. being in company!)
First of all, which pub in Swanage, just so that I know where to avoid next time that I'm there?

Second, that sounds seriously shit. As many on here know, I went through this last year when our lass was sectioned. There were underlying issues (PTSD due to previous work place bullying, her mother dying a few months before, exam stress as she was completing the final year of her OU degree in psychology of all subjects, and family issues) but there was a physical trigger.

She broke a bone in her foot (except she didn't - two doctors at Royal Bournemouth Hospital can't read x-rays), which led to her leg being set in plaster and her effectively becoming immobilised. So for two weeks she didn't eat properly and hardly drank because going to the toilet was problematic. End result was a urinary tract infection which triggered a massive psychotic episode and auditory hallucinations.

She was sectioned at Royal Bournemouth Hospital and promptly escaped from the Acute Medical Unit (six beds, three nurses, no-one noticed that she had gone for eight hours and her personal possessions ended up in lost property). She ended up in a secure unit for two weeks and at one point tried to escape by faking a heart attack. She also tried to slash her wrists by sharpening the wire from her bra - she's quite creative. The day after she was released from section she disappeared (the police phoned me to tell me that she was missing) and ended up at her mates flat with heart monitor stickers on her chest, having somehow got a ride in an ambulance from Lymington back to Bournemouth.

The point, if there is one, is that there are a lot of gaps. Fourteen months down the line we are still finding out things that happened. It also took a couple of months to sort out her finances because she stopped direct debits after escaping from RBH as she thought her account was hacked.

I know that you've had some issues fairly recently, family, home, etc. Could your suspected spiked drink have been a catalyst for an underlying problem?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I can't remember the amount of time, but you, or your legal representative must have unfettered access to all your care notes......................like I said, can't remember how long, think it is 7 years. I you think you have been done over, shafted, marked as a nutter then go speak with a medical malpractice solicitor. It is amazing how easily the NHS will settle a claim made by a good lawyer just to make things go away.

I do have people I could go to at a pinch, but they are elusive to track down - most importantly my "old" GP who I was with for the best part of 40 years! He's still working part time and keeps his hand in at the same surgery, but I think only looks in once a week if that. The difficult part will be cutting through the "receptionist red tape" to get to him.

Also Doctor Jonathan Boreham, but that's a really long shot. :-(

Awol

LE
I can barely imagine what you're going through. I hope your circumstances improve, quickly.
It gets worse. A few years ago I employed 18 people in three countries, drove several consecutive new BMWs and flew my own aeroplane. Then at Christmas my wife had an affair and left me in a French hospital with internal bleeding. Whist I was having six pints (out of eight in total) injected into me, my wife drove to the airport and left me.
The surgeons have detected multiple lacerations in my intestines and despite a 'Doctor huddle' they can't explain what could cause it.

I have my own suspicions.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
This may well have been triggered by drugs, but if you're still mentally in clip, something is probably fundamentally wrong beyond being spiked or reacting to medication.

Please accept that you probably need something to put this right, whether it be counselling or otherwise.

Do not be afraid to seek help - trying to gris it out or keeping it to yourself usually ends badly.

I wish you all the best and hope that you get back to full health.

The "something fundamentally wrong" is probably due to not being discharged to the care of my family within the obligatory 72 hours after they served a letter on the manager. (What a shame the 72 hours in question were the 72 hours of the August bank holiday weekend).

To put this right, it will certainly not be "counselling". Never had it, maybe it works for some people, I just want revenge served cold a simple acknowledgement that somewhere along the line a medical professional missed something!

As for seeking help, I've had more help tonight on this dubious website than at any time since I've been discharged. Even my partner (who I KNOW would go to the ends of the ******* earth for me) is frustrated because he is used to fixing things, and this time he can't.

It gets worse. A few years ago I employed 18 people in three countries, drove several consecutive new BMWs and flew my own aeroplane. Then at Christmas my wife had an affair and left me in a French hospital with internal bleeding. Whist I was having six pints (out of eight in total) injected into me, my wife drove to the airport and left me.
The surgeons have detected multiple lacerations in my intestines and despite a 'Doctor huddle' they can't explain what could cause it.

I have my own suspicions.
Mate, I can only restate my sincere hope that your situation improves. Stay safe, stay strong and good luck.

On Monday 19 August I was taken by ambulance to Kingston Hospital, and admitted to A&E. Then transferred to AMHU.
Hi Bob. Swordman's funeral was on the previous Friday and shortly after midnight on the 18th (Sunday morning) (if memory serves - the time isn't shown on posts or conversation), you invited PMs from anyone interested in how the service went. I PMed you straight away and got a response that wasn't as lengthy as I expected so I sent another PM asking for further details. Your response to this was also not particularly detailed and you made it evident that you wanted to go to bed (for clarification, it didn't come across as an offer).

This struck me as a bit odd at the time - why offer to accept PMs when you're about to go to bed? I guessed that you were a bit overcome by the funeral and had perhaps decided to respond to others' queries after sleeping. Then there were comments by other Arrsers later in the day that you hadn't responded to PMs. All very odd.

There was another post you made (I'll have to do a search and get back to you) that was out of character.

I'm mentioning this lot because my detective skills lead me to suspect that if your drinks were spiked, it may have been on the Saturday the 17th.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
First of all, which pub in Swanage, just so that I know where to avoid next time that I'm there?

Second, that sounds seriously shit. As many on here know, I went through this last year when our lass was sectioned. There were underlying issues (PTSD due to previous work place bullying, her mother dying a few months before, exam stress as she was completing the final year of her OU degree in psychology of all subjects, and family issues) but there was a physical trigger.

She broke a bone in her foot (except she didn't - two doctors at Royal Bournemouth Hospital can't read x-rays), which led to her leg being set in plaster and her effectively becoming immobilised. So for two weeks she didn't eat properly and hardly drank because going to the toilet was problematic. End result was a urinary tract infection which triggered a massive psychotic episode and auditory hallucinations.

She was sectioned at Royal Bournemouth Hospital and promptly escaped from the Acute Medical Unit (six beds, three nurses, no-one noticed that she had gone for eight hours and her personal possessions ended up in lost property). She ended up in a secure unit for two weeks and at one point tried to escape by faking a heart attack. She also tried to slash her wrists by sharpening the wire from her bra - she's quite creative. The day after she was released from section she disappeared (the police phoned me to tell me that she was missing) and ended up at her mates flat with heart monitor stickers on her chest, having somehow got a ride in an ambulance from Lymington back to Bournemouth.

The point, if there is one, is that there are a lot of gaps. Fourteen months down the line we are still finding out things that happened. It also took a couple of months to sort out her finances because she stopped direct debits after escaping from RBH as she thought her account was hacked.

I know that you've had some issues fairly recently, family, home, etc. Could your suspected spiked drink have been a catalyst for an underlying problem?
I am truly sorry to hear about your lass (missus or daughter?). I hope she is on the mend.

As to your last question - others have suggested the same. No, I'm almost certain it was not a catalyst and thankfully my partner put that in the four page document he presented to the doctors, recording the exact events leading up to my admission. Sure I got frustrated and angry, mentally exhausted by events over the past year, but I dealt with that in the normal way.

What fvcked me up was a) physical and mental exhaustion due to a somewhat convoluted journey to attend a funeral where absolutely no-one I knew turned up. Which made it somewhat difficult for my partner to retrace events as I was largely on my own for over 48 hours.

This was compounded by the horrible physical symptoms which were almost certainly due to ingesting a class A drug (not rohypnol - apart from the fact that who would want to go there?, the symptoms were of a powerful and dangerous stimulant). Then of course the rest of the story you know. On valium, off valium, on olanzaprine etc. The drugs don't work .... (there's a song in that somewhere ...)

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi Bob. Swordman's funeral was on the previous Friday and shortly after midnight on the 18th (Sunday morning) (if memory serves - the time isn't shown on posts or conversation), you invited PMs from anyone interested in how the service went. I PMed you straight away and got a response that wasn't as lengthy as I expected so I sent another PM asking for further details. Your response to this was also not particularly detailed and you made it evident that you wanted to go to bed (for clarification, it didn't come across as an offer).

This struck me as a bit odd at the time - why offer to accept PMs when you're about to go to bed? I guessed that you were a bit overcome by the funeral and had perhaps decided to respond to others' queries after sleeping. Then there were comments by other Arrsers later in the day that you hadn't responded to PMs. All very odd.

There was another post you made (I'll have to do a search and get back to you) that was out of character.

I'm mentioning this lot because my detective skills lead me to suspect that if your drinks were spiked, it may have been on the Saturday the 17th.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and apologies for not clarifying sooner. I will get back but want to keep that topic separate. That's another thing that pisses me off, the wonderful send off for the late Mr Guy has been overshadowed (for me) by the ensuing shit that happened. :-(

Thanks for reminding me, I will try and re-read the PMs tomorrow and reply properly.

There really are some sick and depraved individuals about.

Who the feck, in their right mind, would rohypnol you?

:)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
There really are some sick and depraved individuals about.

Who the feck, in their right mind, would rohypnol you?

:)

Indeed. Already covered that point.