Sectioned by mistake?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Okay, deep breath.

I hope writing this down will help clarify my thoughts.

On Monday 19 August I was taken by ambulance to Kingston Hospital, and admitted to A&E. Then transferred to AMHU.

From there to Priory, Ticehurst where I was sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

On 4 September I was transferred to Langley Green, Crawley, still under Section 2. I was finally released on Tuesday 10 September.

It was only due to the sterling efforts of my partner of 21 years, who knew something didn't add up (particularly the terrifying physical symptoms) that we traced back the events leading up to my hospital admission and detention under section 2 MHA, that we are now about 99.9 percent certain that this was not a random "manic" episode, rather I was poisoned - i.e drink spiked with something very nasty (a stimulant certainly).

Since being discharged over a week ago, I still don't feel right. Hardly surprising considering the drugs they gave me to keep me calm and send me to sleep. (Incidentally I "lost" two days in Kingston hossy, ostensibly "sleeping" - I knew something didn't add up in my mind as to the days, I thought I'd been transferred from Kingston to Ticehurst on the same day, but no, I was there for two days, which I will never get back).

They tried me on Diazepam, which I refused, but decided to play the game and accepted one small dose at night only!

They then took me off the valium and put me on Olanzapine, which is very odd as it seems to have all the effects of both uppers and downers mixed together.

Suffice to say I feel absolutely exhausted, the body metabolism seems to have gone into overdrive, but every night I'm weeping hysterically and can't seem to put this experience behind me. Also weird aches and pains all over.

Not sure how to proceed, and it's probably way too late, but if only Kingston had done some sort of toxicology tests, perhaps I could have been treated as a "normal" hospital admission for a couple of days until the dodgy drug was out of my system? My partner spoke to two of his work colleagues who had, on completely separate occasions, fallen foul of some joker who had spiked their drinks "for a laugh".

Where to go from here?

Normal teasing is , of course, expected. But anything helpful to either/or get to the bottom of what happened and take action if possible, and also reassurance that this shit will eventually go away.

Hi Bob. I’m glad to hear you are getting better. I don’t know if you have, but start a log or chart of events. It may help get some clarity.
I know it may be exhausting, and you won’t get easy answers, but you may be able to piece some bits together.

BigGSheff

Old-Salt
It takes 3 separate people to recommend you to be placed under a section. Ask to see the A2 and A3 (or pair of A4) admission forms. They will contain all the information that brought about the decision to detain you.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
can you recall where the drinks where likely to have been spiked ? if the premises had CCTV then the police may be able to seize the images and see who placed the contaminants in your drink
the people you were drinking with, any of them have a history or form for using drugs
hope you are feeling better, and given time can sort it out
the biggest problem for the health professionals is that so many people of all social classes, ages, races come into hospitals with severe psychiatric symptoms that they probably stereotyped you and followed standard procedure

one of my adopted daughters had a bad episode, luckily I called into the hospital to meet her, they just presumed that as first year students they bunged everything in their system
her problem was a complex medical one, and took some time to sort out
however whilst in the casualty area we were treated to a great many people under the influence of drink and or drugs and some behaved very strangely

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi Bob. I’m glad to hear you are getting better. I don’t know if you have, but start a log or chart of events. It may help get some clarity.
I know it may be exhausting, and you won’t get easy answers, but you may be able to piece some bits together.

Yes, that's exactly what my partner and I have done. I have copious notes, but not had time to put them in order as I'm trying to catch up with over three weeks' worth of shit which I should have sorted while I was in hospital with only a phone and an extremely erratic signal.

It's a bit like the hydra, every day I cross something off the list and three other basters pop up!

Okay, deep breath.

On Monday 19 August I was taken by ambulance to Kingston Hospital, and admitted to A&E. Then transferred to AMHU.

From there to Priory, Ticehurst where I was sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

On 4 September I was transferred to Langley Green, Crawley, still under Section 2. I was finally released on Tuesday 10 September.

It was only due to the sterling efforts of my partner of 21 years, who knew something didn't add up (particularly the terrifying physical symptoms) that we traced back the events leading up to my hospital admission and detention under section 2 MHA, that we are now about 99.9 percent certain that this was not a random "manic" episode, rather I was poisoned - i.e drink spiked with something very nasty (a stimulant certainly).

Since being discharged over a week ago, I still don't feel right. Hardly surprising considering the drugs they gave me to keep me calm and send me to sleep. (Incidentally I "lost" two days in Kingston hossy, ostensibly "sleeping" - I knew something didn't add up in my mind as to the days, I thought I'd been transferred from Kingston to Ticehurst on the same day, but no, I was there for two days, which I will never get back).

They tried me on Diazepam, which I refused, but decided to play the game and accepted one small dose at night only!

They then took me off the valium and put me on Olanzapine, which is very odd as it seems to have all the effects of both uppers and downers mixed together.

Suffice to say I feel absolutely exhausted, the body metabolism seems to have gone into overdrive, but every night I'm weeping hysterically and can't seem to put this experience behind me. Also weird aches and pains all over.

Not sure how to proceed, and it's probably way too late, but if only Kingston had done some sort of toxicology tests, perhaps I could have been treated as a "normal" hospital admission for a couple of days until the dodgy drug was out of my system? My partner spoke to two of his work colleagues who had, on completely separate occasions, fallen foul of some joker who had spiked their drinks "for a laugh".

Where to go from here?

Normal teasing is , of course, expected. But anything helpful to either/or get to the bottom of what happened and take action if possible, and also reassurance that this shit will eventually go away.
I've had a spiked drink once and the **** admitted he'd done it for shits and giggles to others, because I was serving. I was fecked for 24 hours.

Also had diazepam for muscle spasms, absolutely shit even though I'd cut it in half. Handed the rest back.

Without being twee, let the drugs clear, go for a nice break and forget about it if you can. Shit happens, it can be scary, go somewhere you feel safe and put it behind you.

source.gif

When I did the trainee nursey thing we had a woman on the ward I was on who everyone thought should be sectioned. She used to wander around take her nighty off and go to the mens ward and sit on the end of beds singing and talking, mainly to herself. She was seriously lights on no one home and not trying to shag the male patients.

We had a big meeting, the Doc's, nursing staff, social workers, physio's. Talked through the problem and the first decision was to assess her med's and check for contraindications between the med's. That was the right decision, the accumulation of prescribed med's from her GP, then pre-op, then post op was a cocktail of drugs worthy of introduction into the 1960's..........she was basically permanently tripping. She was taken off everything her GP and pre-op had prescribed and within 48 hours she was a different person.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It takes 3 separate people to recommend you to be placed under a section. Ask to see the A2 and A3 (or pair of A4) admission forms. They will contain all the information that brought about the decision to detain you.

They made me read and sign four separate "care plans" for various aspects of my care. I made sure to read them as thoroughly as I could and there was some extremely odd things, two of which stand out in my mind - I marked "incorrect" on these forms but never heard any more about it.

1. "Bob" finds feeding herself difficult and should be encouraged, and given easy-to-eat foods - completely untrue!

2. "Bob" may need guidance in addressing INFERTILITY ISSUES. WTAF? Where this fantastic codswallop came from I've no idea.

I shouldnt be at all surprised if they got my notes mixed up with someone else's. Or some seemingly irrelevant question caused them to extrapolate some utter bollocks of their own invention!

I do remember, fairly distinctly, being interviewed by a panel of three docs at Kingston, and they wanted to know what my relationship with my "partner" was. I explained that we'd been together for 21 years (surely "partner" is a perfectly acceptable term for a long term relationship where the two of you are not legally married - I spent most of my time correcting "husband" to "partner" just to make sure no word could be legally misconstrued!

They they asked me "is it a sexual relationship". I can only assume my jaw must have dropped open in astonishment. I refused to answer. I've no idea what they were hinting at, but inappropriate barely covered it. It was only because I was mentally exhausted that I didn't slap someone (thereby fulfilling their prophesy) :-(

Last edited:

CC_TA

LE
Really hard to prove or find what and if you were spiked. Tests this late on will do bugger all.

Hope you feel better soon and keep your eye on yer pint next time. (It is a lot safer just to neck them straight away so no bastard has a chance to spike them.)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
can you recall where the drinks where likely to have been spiked ? if the premises had CCTV then the police may be able to seize the images and see who placed the contaminants in your drink
the people you were drinking with, any of them have a history or form for using drugs
hope you are feeling better, and given time can sort it out
the biggest problem for the health professionals is that so many people of all social classes, ages, races come into hospitals with severe psychiatric symptoms that they probably stereotyped you and followed standard procedure

one of my adopted daughters had a bad episode, luckily I called into the hospital to meet her, they just presumed that as first year students they bunged everything in their system
her problem was a complex medical one, and took some time to sort out
however whilst in the casualty area we were treated to a great many people under the influence of drink and or drugs and some behaved very strangely

Thereby hangs another tale. My partner was convinced (and convinced me also), that it must have happened on the night of 17 August. When I told him I'd had the exact same terrifying physical symptoms the previous morning (feeling of imminent collapse, every time I was going to sleep and again on waking I was experiencing violent whole body spasms) - he put that down to coincidence and stress/exhaustion.

To his credit, he went to the pub where he thought it had happened, and the manager ran through all the CCTV tapes of that night, to no avail. It's only in the last few days I've looked back and am now more than ever convinced the deed was done on the night of 16 August.

Yes, that's exactly what my partner and I have done. I have copious notes, but not had time to put them in order as I'm trying to catch up with over three weeks' worth of shit which I should have sorted while I was in hospital with only a phone and an extremely erratic signal.

It's a bit like the hydra, every day I cross something off the list and three other basters pop up!
Well, I know sod all about this sort of thing (apart from user end) and that’s a start. We all want, and need, answers to things. You hopefully will have those.
But you have to also focus on getting better. Clarity may come with time.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I've had a spiked drink once and the **** admitted he'd done it for shits and giggles to others, because I was serving. I was fecked for 24 hours.

Also had diazepam for muscle spasms, absolutely shit even though I'd cut it in half. Handed the rest back.

Without being twee, let the drugs clear, go for a nice break and forget about it if you can. Shit happens, it can be scary, go somewhere you feel safe and put it behind you.

Thank you. That's what we're planning on doing as soon as possible (some time in October). Got loads of positive things on the "to do" list, most of the time I can focus on them, but always seem to hit a certain point in the evening when everything comes crashing down again.

Can't speak to people, hence why I have put all this shit down on here. Believe me if someone handed me a pen and paper I could write/edit/proof read and produce an essay within minutes, provided I had peace and ******* quiet!

Can't stand the oppressive feeling of being indoors - worse at night strangely!

PS. "somewhere I feel safe" is anywhere I can be alone, in total silence and preferably outdoors.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
You should vacuum your carpets and wash your net curtains.

Not to help with your condition.

Just because they're ******* minging.

Okay, deep breath.

Where to go from here?

So very sorry to hear of your troubles and hope things get sorted satisfactorily.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Really hard to prove or find what and if you were spiked. Tests this late on will do bugger all.

Hope you feel better soon and keep your eye on yer pint next time. (It is a lot safer just to neck them straight away so no bastard has a chance to spike them.)
Indeed. I never leave any drink unattended.

The odd thing was, the night of 17 August I was on my own, so quite vigilant. I was only in the pub for approximately 40 minutes.

The night before however, I was in Swanage, being unable to get home as way too late to make the journey. Someone organised a hotel room for me and took me out for a drink. I'm not suggesting that person was responsible, but the deed may well have been done that night when I was off my guard (i.e. being in company!)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You should vacuum your carpets and wash your net curtains.

Not to help with your condition.

Just because they're ******* minging.
Hi, I think we've already established that I don't have net curtains, nor do I have a vacuum cleaner. I find a dustpan and stiff brush do much better, and give me exercise at the same time.

You've evidently been peeping through the wrong person's windows. Again.

PS. What I really need is a wife. I've you're free perhaps you could pop round and do for me. There's a luv.

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads