section 1 or 5

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, May 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

2. No ugly
    It makes it section 1 by definition of retaining more than two shots in the mag and there is no restriction on a removable magazine (there are some Iszmash .410 AK47s on the market which are perfectly legal in the UK).

I believe you are thinking of the section 2 rule where a magazine cannot be removable. In fact some police forces when considering whether or not you have to weld a (for example) mossberg bolt action magazine onto the actoin now take into consideration how unlikely it is you will find spare magazines.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Great, just curious! Not that I'm planning on getting one!

4. Fibber- it'll look great with all that Molle gear you got off fleabay!

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Actually I suppose the telescoping stock and overall length could be a problem, the look i enough for jacqui spliff to have it banned under an order so it may never appear on a gunshop shelf near you! Thats a pity!
    It seems the stanag mags in 5.56 will hold about 10 or 15 rounds! Thats a lot of slug to get casting and I suppose BASC would declare it no good on Boar!

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Actually I'm too old for molle, cop vest in cotton dpm more my era!

7. You should see the 12g Iszmash Kalashnikov version. I played with one a few years ago loaded with Hatton rounds. All you need for a day's pleasure is 250 rounds and an endless supply of wooden doors.

It is possible to put a suppressor on the .410 version, and a mate of mine used to put an IR laser on it and shoot bunnies with the aid of NVGs. He was nuts but it must have been fun!

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have played with the Russian one! It seems to have been designed to look as sporty and non military as possible!

9. I would like one of those on ticket, any idea of price or availability?

10. The 20" barrel will make it Section 5.

1968 act. S5(1)(ac)
    any self-loading or pump-action smooth-bore gun which is not an air weapon or chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges and either has a barrel less than 24 inches in length or is less than 40 inches in length overall;

11. eh? Where do you get that from my linky? Or are you referrng to the first one?

"Saiga-410 (Version 2) gas-operated self-loading shotguns are manufactured by IZHMASH factory specially for the UK market. In order to meet the local law requirements, the Saiga-410 has a fixed buttstock and barrel length of 24" (61cm). Saiga-410 chambers both pellets and slug ammo, including 65 / 70/ 73 & 76mm Magnum catridges."

edited for clarity

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

He is referring to the Turkish gun which is what the thread is about!

13. Yes, saw that! Sorry! :oops:

14. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Ho Hum that will make my Rem 870, with a 12"inch a bit naughty then?