Secrets of a Police Marksman - Ch4 Thursday 18th August 22.00

Very good programme apart from the 'black community' spokesperson grilling the officer concerned. Utter shite at its best.
You think you've had a career until you watch things like this!
Cheers all!

I was listening to him being interviewed in the radio while I waited to board my ferry. Sounded like a decent guy. "We can't just shoot them, there has to be an immediate threat". That was about about the car shooting that took him to court, then he tells of a guy with a pistol that he didn't shoot because he didn't feel the guy was going to kill people - he was looking for suicide by Cop. I'll catch the docu (he didn't know what the title ended up as) tomorrow...

Enjoyed the programme. Very interesting. Reminds me of the hundreds of operations that go on all of the time and are never reported as no shots were fired.

The takeaway at the end. Why would you be an AFO (CTSFO etc.) if nine years after a shooting you're charged with murder. Incidents do need to be investigated and the armed officers aren't and shouldn't be above the law. It can't be easy knowing you are not only going to be investigated by Police but by the media as well.

Seemed an honest up front bloke who made the right decision on three seperate occasions

Missed it, didn't see it advertised or this thread until just. This is where "catch up" comes into it's own. Thanks for the heads up.

Very good programme apart from the 'black community' spokesperson grilling the officer concerned. Utter shite at its best.
You think you've had a career until you watch things like this!
Cheers all!
Agreed. I think the programme makers felt the need to shoehorn in a racial element as a nod to the completely irrelevant situation in the US.
I was willing Tony Long to answer that guy's idiotic comments with the simple fact that he has offed more whiteys than blacks.
Of the two black blokes mentioned in the programme, one was in the process of butchering a little kid and the other was a drugs dealer in a car which contained three firearms. I wonder if their self-appointed spokesman thinks that is all ok with the entire "black community?"

Not any old 'black community' spokesperson. It was Lee Jasper. I'll let you do your own research.
I just did. That's my happy go lucky Friday afternoon ruined & it only took me a few minutes.

From Wiki
"race relations activist, and politician who served as Senior Policy Advisor on Equalities to the former Mayor of London" - who claims only white people can be racist.

Well, that'll defuse any racial tension, or am I being naïve as to what "Race Relations" stands for.

A good programme - and underlines the ignorance of the Hollywood educated public regarding firearms. Why can't you shoot the gun out of his hand?

Also it seems the tabloid media chose to make a celebrity of him at the expense of his security.

A good programme - and underlines the ignorance of the Hollywood educated public regarding firearms. Why can't you shoot the gun out of his hand?

Also it seems the tabloid media chose to make a celebrity of him at the expense of his security.
Not just confined to Britain. There are those in mainland Europe with similar ideas. Or perhaps more accurately, no idea at all.

Caught this program on a bored flick through the channels. Glad I did. Fair play to Mr Long, he's some guy. Like the rest of you, the "black community" guy that liked to stress about "black community" did my box in. I said to the missus "Whats with all this "Black community" shite? Surely it should just be the community and it shouldnt matter what colour someone is if he's a bad guy!"
Glad he was found not guilty.

Poo poo's the usual "They're all SAS walts" crap that is so often spouted about them.

Reiterates the obvious that for every "bungling blobby Bobby..." Headline we read there are many success stories we never hear about.

Will use catch up for this and the heroes of Helmand

Yep he appeared to be a top guy who had done some good work , I cant help thinking having your face plastered all over the media is not a great idea when that is your background though.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I cant help thinking having your face plastered all over the media is not a great idea when that is your background though.
You're name's no problem though, Andy McNab's still safe.

Missed it, didn't see it advertised or this thread until just. This is where "catch up" comes into it's own. Thanks for the heads up.
Will use catch up for this and the heroes of Helmand
It's on 4Seven (Ch 47 on Freeview) at 0255 tonight if catchup isn't available. I'll be popping a tape in the VHS.

I just did. That's my happy go lucky Friday afternoon ruined & it only took me a few minutes.

From Wiki
"race relations activist, and politician who served as Senior Policy Advisor on Equalities to the former Mayor of London" - who claims only white people can be racist.

Well, that'll defuse any racial tension, or am I being naïve as to what "Race Relations" stands for.
I did notice the line, "Even black people can be prejudiced against other blacks" But not against white people, apparently.

The twat was even more annoying than the ex-armed robber who claimed the SO19 were a, "government assassination unit" sent out to kill criminals and that he had a right to defend himself by carrying a gun while robbing people.:rolleyes:

Last edited: