Secretary of State for Scotland on Afghanistan casualties

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whiskybreath, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We really do have a wonderful body of politicians in our service. They're the envy of the world; well paid, well equipped, housed to the highest standards and transported only by the best marque of armoured vehicle. And apparently our Secretary of State for Scotland has taken time out from his busy schedule at the Scottish Office to offer his condolences to the families of those killed in action today.

I can't find a link. I don't want to hear or read what he has to say.
  2. Hold on lads...'the Jock hating it's all their fault for everything in the world' band wagon will be along in just a minute.
  3. As I understand it, both Brown and Browne are Jocks, like me.
    Must be a connection there.
  4. ...and remember, for that authentic Scots flavour to your bile...when referring to the Premier, it's 'Broon' not 'Brown'....and they are all skiving Buckfast drinking, deep fried curly wurly eating, benefit junky c*nts who have 'ruined our country' and the sooner these 'Sweaty Socks' are out of Government the better.
  5. Not that Biscuits, it's just that all politicians nowadays, especially the incumbent party having been there too long, are not worth their weight in crap never mind the salaries they pull. This is irrespective of their position viz a viz accent or which side of the border they are on.
  6. Just thought I'd save some people the bother of posting
  7. Yes but the point is well made, nonetheless. Why is Browne straddling two horses, anyway? What does he bring to the job which is unique - apart from that interesting hairstyle covering the empty cranium?

Why could Brown not simply appoint another individual to do the job? Maybe he's simply run out of allies.
  8. I thought I was displaying all the bitter twistedness necessary on this thread, but you've taken the lead there. Not much of an argument for whatever it is you're pushing, though.
  9. Yep - good luck with that mate. We all love a good Bandwagon.
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Now you've got me there, almost. You forgot mealy mouthed, tight-arrsed throwbacks who should have fcuked of to the states when the Oirish went. :D

Try and use yur imagination a bit please Biccies.
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Can I just point out that Prime Minister Broon did pay tribute to the five members of the "2nd Paratroop Regiment" killed last week
    Since he can't get his facts right I hope he dies from hyperthermia because he is to mean to heat his hoose and only lives on deep fried Mars bars and Irn Bru

Ticked a few boxes there - good
  12. Certainly not a dig at you Whisky, apologies if it came over that way. I was trying to head off the usual 'two world wars and a world cup' bandwagon which follows any thread which has even the remotest mention of a Scottish politician in it.
  13. can't we lure the pair to york after noon and get in a spot of archery practice on them :twisted: ?
  14. While we are on the subject of Scottish politicians I thought I would throw my tuppance worth in .........

they are all cnuts
  15. "We're from the Isle of Man"