• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Secret submarine mission

#1
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ince-William-in-secret-submarine-mission.html

Prince William secretly spent 24 hours underwater on a nuclear submarine.

The 25-year-old Prince was taking part in a clandestine Royal Navy exercise based on hunting down an enemy submarine and sinking it.

He submerged on HMS Talent, a T-Class hunter-killer submarine off the coast near Plymouth, and spent a night on board earlier this week.

The Prince, who is known as Sub Lieutenant William Wales, is on a two month attachment to the Royal Navy.
 

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
And???
 
#3
B_AND_T I think his point is that the KGB/FSB is so broke these day's that their having to resort to using the western media for their intelligance gathering!
 
#5
B_AND_T said:
...and I would like not to make further comments because being asked a direct question previously (on another thread) I was unable (it would be unfair) to hide my republican views. As my answer had been deleted then it would be unwise to comment now for obvious reasons.
 
#6
I am curious...PM me your republican views. Comrade.
If anything I am a Royalist so it should at least be laugh.
 
#7
KGB_resident said:
B_AND_T said:
...and I would like not to make further comments because being asked a direct question previously (on another thread) I was unable (it would be unfair) to hide my republican views. As my answer had been deleted then it would be unwise to comment now for obvious reasons.

Then why post the topic if you have no wish to comment on it :roll:
 
#8
fusil89 said:
I am curious...PM me your republican views. Comrade.
If anything I am a Royalist so it should at least be laugh.
It is that simple my young friend. All human being have equal rights. One person - one vote. Parliament, govenment, head of state must be elected by free citizens.
 
#9
You have Putin and you believe that?
 
#10
And do you honestly think that the Americans have that or anybody for that matter? At least the Royal family have served this country, not just as heads of state but also in the armed forces. I for one am glad we have the monarchy if you look at just how much they have done, not only for this country but for numerous countries across the globe.
 
#11
KGB_resident said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/2162027/Prince-William-in-secret-submarine-mission.html

Prince William secretly spent 24 hours underwater on a nuclear submarine.

The 25-year-old Prince was taking part in a clandestine Royal Navy exercise based on hunting down an enemy submarine and sinking it.

He submerged on HMS Talent, a T-Class hunter-killer submarine off the coast near Plymouth, and spent a night on board earlier this week.

The Prince, who is known as Sub Lieutenant William Wales, is on a two month attachment to the Royal Navy.
very secret this is.

He is then expected to take part in war games exercises on board a nuclear submarine and a minesweeper before he joins the Iron Duke in late June.
BBC news
 
#12
Was this the same training session that resulted in Dolphins beaching themselves on the coast?

Would make a typical slant for the Sun/Mirror -

Wills in Dolphin Murder Shock

Wills has shown his murderous streak again, this time in a royal navy submarine, it has bee exclusivley revealed to us that William was responsible for cruelly scaring defenceless dolphins out of the ocean with massive sonar pings - this comes on the tail of his brother allegedly murdering hen harriers over his gran's country estate!
 
#13
I secretly went down in an O Boat in the Falklands - which was boring and smelly! However I also went down on W/Cpl * and that wasn't boring, but it was smelly and I did keep its a secret - until now.

Write me up Sergey!
 
#14
drain_sniffer said:
Then why post the topic if you have no wish to comment on it :roll:
Dear Drain_sniffer, I would wish to comment but I should obey the rules.

western said:
You have Putin and you believe that?
You had (and have) highly esteemed mssrs.Blair and Brown and I suppose you believe in democratic principles... or not?

SuperSnake092 said:
And do you honestly think that the Americans have that or anybody for that matter? At least the Royal family have served this country, not just as heads of state but also in the armed forces. I for one am glad we have the monarchy if you look at just how much they have done, not only for this country but for numerous countries across the globe.
So do you suggest that monarchy is the best possible way to run any country - Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia?
 
#15
KGB_Resident
So do you suggest that monarchy is the best possible way to run any country - Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia?
No I'm not saying that a monarchy is the solution for all countries, I'm merely saying that Our monarchy works for us.





edited 'cos I'm an IT and me don't mix
 
#16
SuperSnake092 said:
KGB_Resident said:
So do you suggest that monarchy is the best possible way to run any country - Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia?
No I'm not saying that a monarchy is the solution for all countries, I'm merely saying that Our monarchy works for us.
Of course, it is your country, it is up to you to decide. Equally other countries have different styles of rule.

However, may I ask? Suppose that one day Great Britain becomes a republic. Then would you feel any difference?
 
#17
YES WE WOULD. Now as your obviously online right now why dont you join me in the chat room so we can discuss the finer point's of monarchys v republics
 
#18
KGB_resident said:
SuperSnake092 said:
KGB_Resident said:
So do you suggest that monarchy is the best possible way to run any country - Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia?
No I'm not saying that a monarchy is the solution for all countries, I'm merely saying that Our monarchy works for us.
Of course, it is your country, it is up to you to decide. Equally other countries have different styles of rule.

However, may I ask? Suppose that one day Great Britain becomes a republic. Then would you feel any difference?
Yes. I would feel sad that another great tradition had gone. I like the monarchy and took far more pride in swearing allegiance to the queen than I would to any politician I can think of.

"God save the queen!"
 
#19
Sergey - don't forget what happened after you got rid of your own monarchy - famine, requiring the international community to pull Lenins arse out of the fire with the ICRR to feed ten million people and Lenin to introduce the Novaya Ekonomicheskaya Politika.

The communist ideal failed at its first hurdle, it couldn't feed the people!
 
#20
KGB_resident said:
SuperSnake092 said:
KGB_Resident said:
So do you suggest that monarchy is the best possible way to run any country - Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia?
No I'm not saying that a monarchy is the solution for all countries, I'm merely saying that Our monarchy works for us.
Of course, it is your country, it is up to you to decide. Equally other countries have different styles of rule.

However, may I ask? Suppose that one day Great Britain becomes a republic. Then would you feel any difference?
Sergei

Let's be realistic. Is there very much difference between the Tsars and the Putin dynasty? Is the average Russian more in control of his own destiny now? For that matter does the average Briton have much say, either?

As to 'deciding' whether we have a Monarchy (which frankly has little real political strength) or not, I guess most of us here were not born at the time of its introduction. So we didn't really have that choice. Mind you, some of the old codgers here might remember those pre-Monarchy days.....
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top