Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Secret Program used in Afghan for Real Time Intel to Trps

kabulronin said:
I agree that some of them will go in total fear but others (and terrorists aren't all thickies!) will start to work out ways to seriously counter it.

But i bow to superior wisdom.

Sine it appeared in Aviation Week, known to be closely read by the "opposition," I did not see any issue in putting it up here.

Jumpinjarhead, I think that's the point Kabulronin was making, not your disclosure. When I break out of alchol fuelled fog I'll respond to your commentary on my last rather lengthy post. ;)

Command_doh said:
How can you 'influence' an ideology that says it is the preferred choice to die serving Allah (with no evidence of a reward) against a vastly superior enemy in all encounters, all the time?

You can't. That is why we will never win. They keep queuing up, desperate to take their places in 'paradise'. You cannot fight that resolve. Ever.

Sorry, but I think you are wrong .......

Same could have been said about Kamikaze pilots etc in WW2, the reality is that only a small proportion of a population would be prepared to die. Suicide missions are the resort of desperate individuals deployed in a losing cause

The human spirit is stronger than you give it credit.

Odo

theprior said:
Jumpinjarhead, I think that's the point Kabulronin was making, not your disclosure. When I break out of alchol fuelled fog I'll respond to your commentary on my last rather lengthy post. ;)

Hah! OK! I wish I could blame alcohol---I don't even recall now what I commented on-I hope I didn't make too big an arse out of you or me. :D

Very interesting. Amazing how it is not weapons systems, but communications systems and visual recce systems that are changing the modern battlefield. The challenge, I suppose, is coordinating this information flow and making it conventienty actionable.

I think it was The Duke who said words to the effect:
"The art of war boils down to knowing what is on the other side of the hill."

Well the art of war has changed: Now, we can not only see what is on the other side of the hill, we can see through walls.

JumpinJarhead,

No arse making, I can blame it all to readily!

Still smashed though. No sensible comments here! I rather think Task Force Odin will be a success...

I think it's actually worse, I can type, but I'm smashed, so everyone puts it down to Young Rupert syndrome...believe me when I say alcohol is the solution where I live!

theprior said:
I think it's actually worse, I can type, but I'm smashed, so everyone puts it down to Young Rupert syndrome...believe me when I say alcohol is the solution where I live!
Hah! I feel your pain having been in such circumstances when younger--now a teetotaler but I do enjoy watching others! :lol:

It is interesting that they are pushing the Pfc doing the mans job in charge of the kit doing a great job but not trusted with the big button on his Playstation joystick, the one marked fire. As was pointed out time wasted could equate to wasted lives whilst they wait for an adult to authorise the shot, it all sounds a bit half arrsed like giving a Pte a weapon but not the rounds.

cbgramc said:
It is interesting that they are pushing the Pfc doing the mans job in charge of the kit doing a great job but not trusted with the big button on his Playstation joystick, the one marked fire. As was pointed out time wasted could equate to wasted lives whilst they wait for an adult to authorise the shot, it all sounds a bit half arrsed like giving a Pte a weapon but not the rounds.

Good point. Under the current highly restrictive ROE I doubt this will get any better as long as we are so averse to noncombatant casualties.

JJ I agree ROE are important but the part about following the bombers home and hoovering them 3 days later stinks unless the kit is so good you can positively identify the individuals you risk picking up the wrong guys which does little for the hearts and minds game. The important thing is would you deploy fast air without the authority to complete the mission, no so why deploy a state of the art UAV with a spotty Tom in charge who is little more than a kid with a toy put someone in charge who can complete the whole mission other wise it is little more than an expensive CCTV eye in the sky..

True, but I think the point of ODIN is network analysis, helping to draw up a picture of Terry's wider CoC, rather than vaporising every fcuknuts trotting around with an IED and a shovel.

Excellent project. They don't trust each other. They know that their comms are insecure. Now they know Pfc Kilroy is watching.

Fear is the mind killer.

B