Secret Pakistan - BBC2 - Now

I saw nothing new but it was a well made programme.

Also bits of amusing comedy from the Taliban fighters interviewed.

"We were planting mines and were attacked by the American planes that have no pilot and make a droning noise...........they are called computer planes I think."

Bless him.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sadly, it's old news :/
Not to everybody and it was nice to see people who were there, our lot, Septics and the people who dont take corners at football, speaking honest on camera.

I'm with Hitler. "We were planting mines and were attacked by the American planes that have no pilot and make a droning noise...........they are called computer planes I think." Had be giggling a bit. But the fact that ISI supported Taliban because they saw them as a weapon against their Great Santa, India will put things into perspective for lots of people. A good show and I look forward to the second episode.

That George W Bush came across as a mug punter, eh?

Could the 'aid' we pay be regarded as protection money, we cough up and they ensure the nuclear weapons they have don't 'accidentally' fall into the hands of terrorists?

Could the 'aid' we pay be regarded as protection money, we cough up and they ensure the nuclear weapons they have don't 'accidentally' fall into the hands of terrorists?
No its vote money, we give them money and they vote for the politicians who let them into this country and who also give the aid money to help their relatives run those very expensive German cars, I dont think even the isi would be stuped enough to give their nukes to the Taliban because they know that would be gameover.
Look at what happened after 9/11 imagine the response to Terrorists nuke going off, it would be open season on Pakistanis, that might help with the world over population problem though.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you think these Sunni baserds are bad, you should learn about the soggy-bottomed jackal****ing Armenians.They eat babies feet right out of prams! They spoil countries which have been rightly and judiciously been given by God to peaceloving Karabakhs! Sinners. We must kill them in fiery pits filled with shit!
Would you like to buy my jet ski?

G

goatrutar

NO! The ****ing stalebread, halitosis Armenian basterds poisoned my lake! All my cattles are DYING now from sebhorrhea! It's fuking genomeicideDAMMITDAMMIT!! Plus, the import levies to N/K are exorbitant....
You are Borat and I claim my mankini. Now **** off.

Any one else watching this? Holy shit! How much do we the taxpayer, give them in Aid?
British aid is meant to get to $0.75bn by 2015, the Septics gave them about $4bn in 2010. Of course a lot of this is an indirect bung to defense contractors but I can only assume we are hoping it will make them make nice so Dave can get out in time for his re-election race.

Others have given generously:

About two thirds of aid is reported to be "misused", rather a lot probably ends up resting in their generals Swiss bank accounts.

Still that's a pretty small piece of change these days when you think over $300bn went on bailing out CitiBank alone, and a day in Afganistan fighting what are often Pakistani proxies costs DC about $0.3bn.

I just watched this, impressive cast of talking heads but in the end it is just a competent synopsis of what Amid Rashid has been reporting for more than a decade.

Latest Threads