Secret experiments in the armed forces

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by KGB_resident, May 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Review your own countries actions in experimentation, Sergey, and get back to us......
  3. Oh you mean at Porton Down surely? Sergey is about as soviet as the 'Ban Vodka Now' Movement...

His real name is Ian and he lives with his mum in Wensleydale and collects Matroiska dolls.

4. And that's the best argument you can come up with? I'm sure Sergey's well aware of such experiments carried out in his home country, but he was making us aware of what the Israelis are doing. That opens up a possible discussion on the general misuse of soldiers' trust in such experiments. In such cases, I don't think any military anywhere in the world has a spotless record - least of all the Septic and British.

5. I rather think that the entire organisation and administration of the british Army is one enormous experiment in behavioural psychology - Are the men happy Sarn't Major? Yes sir...Well fcuk 'em around a bit, on the truck, off the truck, greatcoats on, greatcoats off...
  6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Best argument for what? I didn't offer any argument simpy because, just as you point out and I agree with, I doubt if there is a country in the world that hasn't done work of this nature with elements of its own forces/population.

My point was at Sergey having yet another go at starting a Israeli bashing session. He does have form, if you care to search his thread posts.......
  7. Fair enough, i_t_c. But then why not say that outright, instead of using such playground arguments?

On the other hand, I don't believe that Sergey's just "Israel-bashing", since he tends to bring up lots of themes reflecting his humanistic and liberal approach. The sad thing is that a lot of the subjects he presents for discussion concern so-called "democracies". But perhaps that's the nature of the beast - at least while such fückin' sociopaths like Babbeo Bush, Phoney Tony and the "Dooor Brooon" are in charge.

However, I'd certainly be interested in hearing about some of the stuff that happened at Porton Down. Or perhaps is still happening.

8. Well they used to conduct scientific testing in support of the British NBC effort and ran a variety of courses along these lines. They used to have people guarding the gate and conducting prowler guards etc. The Commanding Officer ran things with a variety of staff of differing ranks etc.

These days I am pretty sure they still conduct scientific testing in support of the current CBRN programme and still run a variety of courses, there are still people guarding the gate and a CO still looks after the place.

How was that Bugsy?
  9. Now what do you want to know about 'Them' from Hereford?
  10. I've had my c0ck sucked repeatedly at the TAC. It was a secret, experimental, and very pleasureable. Long may it and other experiments continue - but minus the S10!
  11. Soviet union was a closed society. Of course, it is possible that medial experiments over soldiers took place. But I'm unaware about it (it doesn't mean that I deny the possibility).

Israeli bashnig? Well, suppose that I would use this quote

What would you say in this case? USA/UK/West bashnig?

As for experiments with Soviet soldiers then my uncle (he is 72 now) told me that in 60's he (young officer then) with group of soldiers inspected the epicenter of nuclear explosion just hours after it. In fact it was an experiment (very dangerous) over soldiers.
  12. Heres some chaps in the British army being used as test subjects for LSD

Click here
  13. "At one hour and ten minutes after taking the drug, with one man climbing a tree to feed the birds, the Troop commander gave up, admitting he could no longer control himself or his me. He himself then relapsed into laughter".

14. what? they did it via the drinking tube? :?
  15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Quite possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen, classic.

When it comes to present research (and ironically I'm cramming for a neuropsychology/neurobiology exam), and despite current conspiracy theories and/or scare stories I'll have a sportsmen's bet with anyone it sits somewhere between Bletchley Park and Porton Down...

:twisted: [/align]