Secret documents found behind a bus shelter?

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Knowing our wily old lot , it would not surprise me if that stuff was left deliberately to see who fingered it and who read it
Knowing our wily old lot, they were about as wily as Wile E Coyote. I've heard foghorns with more guile.

civvy

Old-Salt
The OSA is actually very easy to understand; don’t talk or write about work to anyone who hasn’t signed the OSA.

And, even then, make sure you’re using official tools and channels, or that you’re not going to be overheard or overseen.

It’s really not difficult.

So, is he a friend of mine or a friend of ours?

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes in a response to a post you made where you introduced the term.
Are you really complaining about how conversations work? I serve the tennis ball, you hit the tennis ball back. If you want to play rugby, bring your own ball!

Are you really complaining about how conversations work? I serve the tennis ball, you hit the tennis ball back. If you want to play rugby, bring your own ball!
Jeez, you have 'issues'.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Knowing our wily old lot , it would not surprise me if that stuff was left deliberately to see who fingered it and who read it

I can remember that during the latter period of my service in the police, there was much talk and suspicion
of 'integrity tests'. I always had my doubts as there was always more than sufficient unprovoked malfeasance for them to be getting on with.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It wouldn’t be so hard to recreate that, on pink paper and add the “secret” bit at the top, and put it in your shopping list.

How would the public who aren’t necessarily in the mindset of handling sensitive documents really know the importance, or if it was just a joke. I’m sure if I found something like that, curiosity might make me have a read.

It's highly unlikely they'd even think of passing the contents to a news agency unless they'd already ascertained that the docs were sufficiently "interesting". Which rather proves the case...

Not necessarily. An abandoned document referring to the recent Russian exercise might not be subject to OSA restrictions.

What I do find very interesting is that a MoP managed to get through to an editor on the BBC's Newsdesk - I never can.

Who will think of the moles
The kind folk who invented this mole tunnel bracing system. Designed to protect the furry little chaps' homes from heavy footed humans.

trap.jpeg

Unless your referring to this type:

22_maclean_burgess_na--(None).jpeg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Unless your referring to this type:

View attachment 585419
Somewhere I may still have a tea set that belonged to, I think, Kim Philby.

Given to my mum when he defected and after they ‘collated’ his possessions apparently.

Latest Threads