Secrecy for opening ceremony urged.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vampireuk, Jul 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - London 2012: More troops deployed for Olympics

It's going to be crap, oh bugger. Have I given away the secret?

2. Anything on Mytube yet?

3. I have a pants video from someone I know that was there as a security guard. They erected a massive grey canvas type screen around the whole proceedings, akin to when you used to lash Army tentage together.

It's not very good, or I'd have flogged it to a newspaper by now.

4. Boris is going to skip down the aisle with Morris men. Why didn't they get the Guards to do it? This is going to be so embarrassing I might have to watch like a car crash.

5. Because we've got better things to be doing, and the lefty tree huggers might fall off their ethnic peace bicycles at the thought of soldiers doing something (other than covering for G4S).

• Like Like x 2
  6. I think you have to do as you are told don't you?

7. Will it have men on stilts?

8. No, but I bet David is there with his troop of hapless clowns!

Can we go choccy?

Pleeeeeeaaaase????

9. It's actually a recreation of the Queen's coronation, but with Cameroon being crowned King of England instead... on a farm, with some sheep

• Like Like x 1
  10. We'd better stop the anti government slander mate, Cabana will be here soon with the rest of the Liebstandarte David Cameron.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The big difference between this and the 1936 Olympic Games is this one will have thousands of Roma pickpockets competing in their national sport.

They came a little unstuck in 1936..........

• Like Like x 1
  12. It will knock the worlds socks off, they do things Fred Dibnah couldn't. I was at the reheasal last night DOGS B******S.
    All the troops on security, seemed happy, more crumpet chatting 'em up than than us old farts could chuck a stick at.
    CrabfatBill

• Like Like x 1
  13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Some office chums there last night, said it was proper awesome - genuinely. And those ******* are some of the most cynical people I know.

14. How many troops were needed in the opening ceremony? And how long did they have to learn how to walk on stilts?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Saw facebook statuses from some of the lads stagging on, and they all seemed genuinely impressed.