Secondary school where every teacher will be a soldier

About time
If the armed forces can be trusted to look after our country surely they can do a great job with our children.
In recent months riots spread across the UK and the public was demanding that the army be deployed onto our streets. This would only be a short term fix, what we need is a long term fix. Deploy ex soldiers into the classroom, sounds harsh doesn’t it?
We have all heard the saying “join the army son, it will make a man of you” why wait till the age of sixteen to make a difference. We can make a change at secondary school level.
This project needs all the support it can get in order to secure funding.
• Visit the facebook page
Phoenix Free School - Wall | Facebook
• Visit the website
Phoenix Free School
And visit Twitter
• Twitter

Send this to everyone you know, if you are on twitter or facebook then send it out to everyone. visit the site and twitter and support the project as much as you can.

C'mon, you know this can never work because there are no disciplinary rules and the kids don't have the respect for teachers irregardless of their previous jobs. i would love for this to be viable but these ex soldiers are just lining themselves up for a fall when the first young 'thug' tries it on in front of his mates or the pretty young girls. The Ex soldier wont be able to react without fear of prosecution and/or losing his job, what do we do then? The problem isn't all about bad teachers, its about unsupported teachers who are not allowed to instill any discipline no matter how badly they want to.

this is typical government looking for a success story that isnt there. some of the new teachers will love it and some, probably most, of the kids will be great to teach but it only takes one false allegation of assault of any kind and you know what the headlines will be the next day.

i did read the discipline section on the website and it really is cloud cookoo land i'm afraid, kids ironing their uniform, no phones or gadgets. Sorry if this sounds very negative but until real powers of discipline are given then this is just going to end in tears. These guys may well have trained rough kids from council estates but every one of those kids volunteered to walk into a recruiting office and sign up. I really do hope i am wrong but somehow i just see this going horribly wrong, you need a little expectation management here guys i'm afraid.

spot on crimson. The first ex-squaddie to snap and lay out some little scrote will have the press screaming about "thug" forces teachers. There would always be some little **** trying to push his/her luck just to try and get one over the squaddie teacher.

The country want descipline in their schools but they dont want teachers to do want needs to be done to achieve it.

T

trowel

spot on crimson. The first ex-squaddie to snap and lay out some little scrote will have the press screaming about "thug" forces teachers. There would always be some little **** trying to push his/her luck just to try and get one over the squaddie teacher.

The country want descipline in their schools but they dont want teachers to do want needs to be done to achieve it.
Every single one of my Secondary School teachers was ex-forces. A bunch of bullying tossers, who had not one ounce of respect from the boys. The lower their teaching skills the more likely they were to use their canes, Plimsolls, slippers, sticks etc. Inadequates who took out their grievences on 12 year old kids. Yeah, every man a ******* hero.

Every single one of my Secondary School teachers was ex-forces. A bunch of bullying tossers, who had not one ounce of respect from the boys. The lower their teaching skills the more likely they were to use their canes, Plimsolls, slippers, sticks etc. Inadequates who took out their grievences on 12 year old kids. Yeah, every man a ******* hero.
And most of my teachers many moons ago were WWI and WW2 vets who were respected. They were backed up by the system and in general the parents. They taught well.

It's obvious from your post that they lacked teaching skills. What I want to know is did they impart the bitterness too?

T

trowel

And most of my teachers many moons ago were WWI and WW2 vets who were respected. They were backed up by the system and in general the parents. They taught well.
You were lucky then. All I keep from my school days is a feeling of resentment. We none of us deserved the treatment meted out by those morons.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You were lucky then. All I keep from my school days is a feeling of resentment. We none of us deserved the treatment meted out by those morons.
Sounds like you could do with a good spanking now!

G

goatrutar

Can just imagine the lessons.

"righto shut the **** up. COURSE!!"

"sit easy,remove your headress"

"during this lesson you will be taught spelling. The reason you are being taught this is to stop you being illiterate mongs. "

Imagine how long it'll take to decide on what the uniform should be and then they've got to agree how it should be worn. Could take years.

Can you imagine it? Every pupil is going to come out thinking that U is supposed to be flat at the bottom.

I would like to echo that. All of my teachers (male) were ex WWI servicemen, not one of them was a bully, but one of them was a bit of a perv.

Very negative comments about this; soldiers will not roll into the classroom straight from a six month tour of Afghanistan.
The teachers will have a degree level of education in the subject they teach. Instructors will look after the house system and outside activities. The teachers will be allowed to teach as the instructors will be charge of discipline.
Sports and other activities will be competitive within the house system. I went to a sports day recently that was none competitive, how can a child learn to fail in life? If a child only knows how to win how can they except failure when they leave school.
A soldier can bring a lot more to the classroom than a sick sense of humour and a tall story.

Very negative comments about this; soldiers will not roll into the classroom straight from a six month tour of Afghanistan.
The teachers will have a degree level of education in the subject they teach. Instructors will look after the house system and outside activities. The teachers will be allowed to teach as the instructors will be charge of discipline.
Sports and other activities will be competitive within the house system. I went to a sports day recently that was none competitive, how can a child learn to fail in life? If a child only knows how to win how can they except failure when they leave school.
A soldier can bring a lot more to the classroom than a sick sense of humour and a tall story.
So the instructors will be in the classroom to ensure discipline while the teacher teaches? How do you think that will not undermine the teacher then? And what makes the 'instructor' more capable of instilling discipline or less of a target for little scroats, do they have some sort of special training that you do not intend to give the teachers? If they really do have some discipline instilling training can we not give that to ALL teachers across the UK or could we not just let the public schools know about these amazing 'instructors' should solve a lot of the country's ills i reckon.

And do you know what, we already know that a soldier (and these will be ex soldiers remember) can bring more than a sick sense of humour and a tall story and do you know why, because we are those bloody soldiers. it might also surprise you to know that there are quite a lot of us with degrees already you know, and we have also done quite a bit of the discipline thing ourselves so please do not patronize us. Its the system that wont let us instill that discipline outside of our current environment not some inability to do it!

My second week as an assistant teacher, yesterday we had a boy walk out of the classroom in a huff at being told off, another told the teacher he wouldn't mind being sent home because he could play on his xbox and today I had a boy tell me he was going to draw on my arm and hit my head with a ruler. No wonder they're out of control by Secondary School.

At lunch time I was told I wasn't allowed to shout at the kids, if they're naughty they're sent into another classroom.

I think I'll consider another career.