Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Patton97

Clanker
I'm currently awaiting discharge from ITC catterick, I've been waiting now 5 months for my discharge papers. I'm so bored it's unreal and my trade is security I was just wondering if I could work security while still technically in, would this affect anything? I can't stand another day sitting on my ass doing nothing! When I left a corporal said to me "if you're going to do it, don't get caught"...

P.s sorry if I've posted in the wrong section

I strongly doubt the Army will grant permission: if you get injured while on their books it could cause all sorts of crap and further delays (and the risk that you'll get an immediate medical pension).

If you want to do it then bang in a request up the chain of command.

I'm currently awaiting discharge from ITC catterick, I've been waiting now 5 months for my discharge papers. I'm so bored it's unreal and my trade is security I was just wondering if I could work security while still technically in, would this affect anything? I can't stand another day sitting on my ass doing nothing! When I left a corporal said to me "if you're going to do it, don't get caught"...

P.s sorry if I've posted in the wrong section
Get on the X26 or X27 and come and sort my garden out.

What would happen if I was to get caught? Also, how would they find out? Guess I'll put a call into hook coy on Monday and ask

What would happen if I was to get caught? Also, how would they find out? Guess I'll put a call into hook coy on Monday and ask
No, seriously, get on the bus.

I've got a new toy and it doesn't work on its own.

lawnmower.jpg

@Himmler74 is a lazy shit.

I could be waiting another 7 months for my papers to come through, surely they can't expect me to sit at home and do shit all for a year. I understand if I wasn't being discharged and I was staying in and doing it behind the army's back but they are binning me off anyway?

Yes you can get a job, as long as you have the COs written permission. The issues with income tax and NI contributions are down to you to declare. Highly recommended that you change to self assessments