Second Phone Number for my Mobile Handset

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Interceptor, Mar 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if I can have a two phone numbers for the same mobile?

Basically, I want to use a single handset (ie the one I already have) for both my personal and work contacts. When I can't be arrsed with work any more I want to be able to stop the work calls coming through but still be able to get calls from family and friends.

Any ideas?
  2. You can get phones that take two sim cards, I believe you can switch between them.
  3. Looked into this a while ago due to my Facebook stalking activities.

I think Orange used to offer a second phone number with their business contracts.

Failing that you can get phones like this that take two SIM cards. Not a great choice though and you have to pay two line rentals. You can also get dual sim adaptors off eBay but they look a bit dodgy.

You can subscribe to a 'virtual number' service like FleXtel. They give you a personal phone number that you can divert to your mobile when you want to receive calls or to an answering service when you don't.

If you've got the right kind of phone, you can run call filtering software like SPB Phone Suite on it. Filters calls according to the incoming phone number. You can tell it you don't want any calls from work at weekends and it'll divert them to voice mail. Very flexible.
  4. I bought a PAYG from 3.

The 3 mobile has free Skype and I have a Skype number (a London code) So any time anybody rings into Skype it rings on my mobile. All free to me less for a ten quid top up every three months (that gets used on UK calls) and a Skype Subscription for their number.

It also means when I call international on my mobile as it is through Skype I'm paying a pittance - just a "local call rate" in the destination country.

Don't want to receive Skype calls on the mobile - sign out of the account and sign back in when ready to receive again.