Second man on the balcony...

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by yorkie_999uk, Nov 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been reading through the forum for a while now with a couple posts here and there, but had to post this...

I work as a Paramedic in Glasgow and the other day get a call to central station for a fella with back pain. We get there and find this guy, built like a brick shit house, sitiing in a wheelchair. After ascertaining the guy had usual back pain, just a bit more than normal, we get to chatting in the back o the wagon.

'So how long you been in the wheelchair?' i asks.
    '16 years this very week....' he replied gazing wistfully into the distance
    Asked him how it happened but he never really answered.

'What do you do for a living?' i says because i'm a nosey bastard
    'I dont work now but i was in the paras and then.....other stuff'.
    'Hmm, what other stuff?'
    He then gave me the 1000 yard stare and said
    'Ever heard of Two-Two'

'Naw, whats that?'
    He then rolled his eyes and tutted and shook his head.
    'SAS!' he said exasperated
    'Aw riggghhhht' says i.
    'Aye, you ever seen the video o the Embassy seige?'
    'Seen the old news stuff about it'
    He starts a slow nod at this point..
    'Well... see the second guy on the balcony?....'
    uh-oh. At this point i tried not to laugh.
    '....that was me'

Like i said, been mooching through arrse for a while now and the joke about the ever increasing size o the balcony immediately sprung to mind.
    Point to note, his back pain disappeared immediately on getting him talking about his glory days. Another life saved.

2. Well done "Doc",any brain surgery jobs going you'll be the first to know,when I get off "the stairs" I'll shout you ;-)
  3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

And I always thought the second bloke got head hunted by Heckler and Koch USA, as their director of training at there place in Virginia and lived happily ever after
  4. No mate, it was Survival Aids, he was personally responsible for the weatherproof notebook and pen...........
  5. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

And then went on to make shed loads of cash teaching Septic coppers how to used MP5s

Singleton International

I went to school with the cnut