Second mail incendiary device

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by trailfinder, Feb 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would appear someone is upset at their speeding fines...
    Two injured in 'mail explosion'
    Two men have received minor injuries in a "small explosion" at a company in Wokingham, Berkshire.

Thames Valley Police were called to Oaklands Business Centre just after 0900 GMT after reports that an item of mail had ignited.

The building was evacuated and a cordon has been set up around the site.

Police said they were aware of a similar incident in central London on Monday but it was too soon to speculate on any possible connection.

South Central Ambulance Trust said two men, aged in their 30s, had been treated for minor injuries and were not being taken to hospital.

Fourteen people were evacuated from the building.

On Monday, a woman received minor injuries in another "small" explosion at an office building at the Capita building in Victoria Street, Victoria, in central London.

And if you dig around on google maps you come up with this business in the business park:
  2. More:

3. Both companies to have received letter bombs are suppliers to Transport for London. Both are involved in the congestion charge as well.

I think I'll get someone else to open the mail from now on!
  4. I run the company post room and am now very alert to such items being delivered to us. The secret is to pass any strange looking envelope to the workmate you despise the most.
  5. ..........Alternatively, don't open any sent from me until i get my license back!