SECOND LIFE- WHY ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ballonhead, Jun 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I accidently posted a thread on the Second Life forum the other day and it has rightfully been removed . But it did occur to me while I was in that forum what is Second Life all about ?
    Why would anyone want to spend their well earned time off pretending to be someone else- who in most cases are probably better looking and way cooler than their real persona ?
    Am I wrong and by not being a member of SL I am seriously missing out or what ?

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I take it Ballonhead is your real name then. Each to their own!

3. yes it is, and thats 2Lt Ballonhead if you dont mind ! Have some respect .
    Has anyone got a worse looking or older version of themselves on SL or is everyone mid 20s and buff as you like ?

4. whoaaaaaaa
    Hold on a minute, have you just pulled rank on someone by saying ur a 2nd Lt??!?

5. The only thing a 2nd Lt could pull rank on is a potted plant.

6. Sorry i should have added "attempted to pull rank" My bad
    What a cock! ..."sir"

7. Thats IT young man!! No sweeties for you!!! and get to bed!....and you're feckin grounded!

I honestly cant believe someone just pulled rank on Arrse 8O Im feckin outraged! Where's that thread gone?

8. second life is gash. i got bored of it after about a week. and trust me, iv'e seen more buffness at a welders bench convention.

9. I can see your point of view there, you've only been on this thread for about 5 mins and i'm bored of you too!

Anyway.. balls to discussing Second Life.. lets steer this conversation back to toddlers trying to pull rank :) Most fun!

edited for mong typing

10. easy there lads ! I will be sitting promtion board next week and then you will all be sorry you mocked me !

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

2Lt, I kneel in honour. COCK

12. Promoted to what?

A goldfish?

13. which means I have until Wednesday to learn to spell ! Proof indeed that I am not actually an officer .

14. Oh no. Another Second lewie trying to set the world on fire.
    You're not the first and im sure you won't be the last.

F*ck off you infant.