Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Life - Technical Enquiries

EEU_196

Old-Salt
Yes guys its down just sit it out for a while and It'll be back before you know it.

Just a login issue/update thing within SL.

how the hell do i register? for sl?

i know but i cant register with my cards or pay pal or mobile wont let me

genesis said:
i know but i cant register with my cards or pay pal or mobile wont let me

You dont need to have payment information to get an SL account. You can register your card/paypal information later.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
An email I just sent to SL support but they won't get back to me until tomorrow so I thought I'd ask you lot. Is anyone else getting this/having probs?

Hi. I'm currently getting the message below whenever I try to login. Any
ideas?

I've downloaded all updates etc.

"Login failed, unable to complete transform:
'copy inventory to new database'
please contact support @secondlife.com'

Sixty said:
An email I just sent to SL support but they won't get back to me until tomorrow so I thought I'd ask you lot. Is anyone else getting this/having probs?

Hi. I'm currently getting the message below whenever I try to login. Any
ideas?

I've downloaded all updates etc.

"Login failed, unable to complete transform:
'copy inventory to new database'
please contact support @secondlife.com'
found this on a second life forum it seems to be the same problem as you have and would appear to be their fault not anything you may have done
At approximately Noon Thursday SLT (Second Life Time), it appears Linden Lab performed an upgrade or extension to their Inventory cluster, which involved the migration of the inventories of some residents to another database server or servers. It didn't exactly go well.

Affected residents were greeted with the not very cheerful message "Login Failed. Unable to complete transform' Copy inventory to new database' Please contact support@secondlife.com", which then accompanied what was essentially the apparent loss of the contents of their inventories. The system's failsafe mode gave them a 'temporary inventory', only things taken into this temporary inventory actually had no home and likely weren't saved -- quite possibly turning apparent loss into actual loss.

by Tateru NinoLinden Lab labored until 14:40 SLT, before announcing that most of the inventory issues had been corrected, and asking those whose inventories had not reappeared to please contact them. This seems to continue a recent run of unfortunate issues and problems for Linden Lab as the

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thanks T_B, appreciate the reply.

Still down and no reply as yet. I'll hang on until later tonight, assuming they're in the US. The island is safe from '60 Moo' for the time being :D

Wiraman

Old-Salt
Anybody else found that the new update (v1.14.0) is crap at the moment?
I keep crashing every 15 seconds.....

I did read the blog about updating graphics cards and that, but it seems a bit extreme. My system is only 7 months old.

Any other ideas out there chaps? (and chapesses...)

Snake

Wiraman said:

I did read the blog about updating graphics cards and that, but it seems a bit extreme. My system is only 7 months old.

Snake
I reckon it's the system and not the individual we are all having problems
:D

Minxy

LE
the_butler said:
Wiraman said:

Snake
I reckon it's the system and not the individual we are all having problems
:D

Seconded...

Wiraman

Old-Salt
I'm not being paranoid then.......
it's a fecking pain walking under the parade square all the time !!

Wiraman said:
I'm not being paranoid then.......
it's a fecking pain walking under the parade square all the time !!

I materialised underground at Skaville last night - strange experience to say the least.

As an asside, the island is also having problems with certain types of scripts, but only in certain areas of the Island. I've let tech support know about it, but they would appear to have bigger fish to fry at the moment (namely a bonk distribution of v1.4).

If anyone has script errors in things that were previously working, especially in the north east corner of the island, please let me know.

Thanks,

Boney

Wiraman

Old-Salt
So, anybody know how to log on, and fix this in the time given?

Snake

I fell through a wall and ended up in a club full of ladies doing rude things to each other. :oops: I panicked at first and then realised I was a lady too. That funked with my mind too much so I left.....Eventually. :roll:
Bullet Sponge said:
Well I'm screwed, installed the latest update and now as soon as I log in it crashes. I miss SL :(
can a system restore to the point before you updated help? It does say you can still run SL with the old version.