Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Life - Technical Enquiries

imagine a group of people numbering in their thousands who all dress alike and all listen to the same music and all feel so alone and misunderstood.

Romeo_47

War Hero
I have had these problems quite a few times, first of all when i use one of my cars it always seems to go up to 4000 then go off the island and id be trapped. Also on the Skydiving launcher when you are going up to the height you selected it always seems to go to the far side of the island.

Lynxtips

Old-Salt
Fugly said:
After sorting out my constant crashing problems, I cant even log in now.

Gets to the "Connecting to region" bit, and crashes.

I've trawled the knowledge base to buggery, the only thing it mentions is making sure firewall / router allows acess, ive done all that and still zip.

Any suggestions from you lot?

I even bought the sodding user guide / CD, it might be up for grabs if I can't get on soon

Can't see that anyone has answered this on the forum so will give it a shot.

I couldn't log in at all like you I would get connecting to region or waiting for region handshake and it would log me out or crash my machine. I tried all the firewall stuff manually entering SL required IPs blah blah. Turns out I had a programme called Peer Guardian running quietly in the background. (PG is an IP blocker that prevents known IPs from anyone who might track you and take you to court for breach of copyright.....you know how it is with torrents ;) As soon as I disabled it I could get in! Final result can't download torrents while I am in SL which is no hardship really.

Hope it helps because I spent about 4 weeks messing about trying to get in and it drove me NUTS.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Hmm! Is Peer Guardian something that sneeks onto your system?

AV and spyware progs have turned up nothing.

It appears to be entirely with my ISP (Tiscali), I can log in fine during the day, but at peak times forget it.

Tiscali sucks. I have other evidence as to why they are so crap, i'll be back!

Lynxtips

Old-Salt
Fugly said:
Hmm! Is Peer Guardian something that sneeks onto your system?

No you have to knowingly download it. Maybe your ISP blocks SL at busy times because it takes up too much bandwidth.

Glad to hear you can get on when its quiet though (something's better than nothing) because I couldn't access it at all.

Romeo_47 said:
I have had these problems quite a few times, first of all when i use one of my cars it always seems to go up to 4000 then go off the island and id be trapped. Also on the Skydiving launcher when you are going up to the height you selected it always seems to go to the far side of the island.
if you are wearing any kind of shield it reacts against any object that wants to move you :thumright:

For all the SL Techie type people. Have you installed the new update, and what is it ?

I've downloaded it, but not installed it yet as it looks like a Beta, and the release notes said it may cause more bugs, which SL doesn't realy need!

Any advice.

MB

TomSmytheUK said:
nope still doesnt work :l
do you have a router?
is it firewalled?
are you using a private system or are you at home?
do you know about port forwarding?

Latest Threads