Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Life - Technical Enquiries

I've got a problem with all my weapons - they fire but they don't kill anything anymore, they don't even stun just a little. And that's shooting up foreigners who haven't got protection. I can't even set off my exploding robots, my Jihadi jacket doesn't even fizz ominously, the RPG won't fire at all and all my rifles, shotguns, Warthog etc just won't kill.

Without these simple pleasures, Second Life will become very boring indeed! Any clues?

Good CO

Admin
The land has to be set to allow people to be 'damaged' which basically means they get sent back to some central start point in SL. I don't yet know if there can be some form of damage system where it takes 400 bullets to kill you as in many shoot-em type games.

Boney did a lot of work on a 'Bear Pit' where we allowed damage, but he scrapped it and this is a project that still needs to be tackled. In fact if I have some slack time today I'll go and look for someone to build us a (trying to get the jargon right) 'combat sim' - a must have on the island.

There is another problem though - I think this could be frustrating until we can host our own island in the UK, as the lag from San Francisco may make it difficult to play. Worth trying though.

sniper_bob said:
I've got a problem with all my weapons - they fire but they don't kill anything anymore, they don't even stun just a little. And that's shooting up foreigners who haven't got protection. I can't even set off my exploding robots, my Jihadi jacket doesn't even fizz ominously, the RPG won't fire at all and all my rifles, shotguns, Warthog etc just won't kill.

Without these simple pleasures, Second Life will become very boring indeed! Any clues?
personal sheilds can sometimes affect your ballistics get nekkid and shoot someone :cyclopsani:

Gillylady said:
Full screen the_butler. Sadly I am very pc unfriendly and have probably gone wrong somewhere! :oops:
If your internet connection is usb as opposed to lan any other usb product you have connected (printer, scanners) can effect your performance as can other apps running in the background. there are various apps that can fix this for you such as speedstartup. Also regular anti virus scans and spyware checks and then the usual up to date driver stuff.

Good CO said:
Boney did a lot of work on a 'Bear Pit' where we allowed damage, but he scrapped it and this is a project that still needs to be tackled

The reason i scrapped it was because it wasnt being used. It was quite high prim and there was no point in it sitting there, wasting resources when people prefer to fly around the island shooting each other.

I still think an area for a combat sim is a good idea, not least because it keeps the war away from the people who dont want to partake. I think some input from the population would be handy to judge what to build. I dont mind tackling it once the race track is finished.

Good CO

Admin
boney_m said:
Good CO said:
Boney did a lot of work on a 'Bear Pit' where we allowed damage, but he scrapped it and this is a project that still needs to be tackled

The reason i scrapped it was because it wasnt being used. It was quite high prim and there was no point in it sitting there, wasting resources when people prefer to fly around the island shooting each other.

I still think an area for a combat sim is a good idea, not least because it keeps the war away from the people who dont want to partake. I think some input from the population would be handy to judge what to build. I dont mind tackling it once the race track is finished.

Didn't mean to offend! I appreciate your work on the pit, and understand why you got rid. I agree that we need something much bigger and certainly beyond any of our scripting abilities.

I have found a quiz machine I am willing to pas on to someone with a nerdier technical ability. NAAFI quiz night. mmmmmmmmm
oh and an ap for kicking unwanted peeps off the island you can have that too if you promise to use it on Lifeguards :threaten:

Minxy

LE
They are having numerous problems and dont know what is causing it, as usual trying to resolve the matter, tp is down and Linden have asked people dont move things round OR take from there inventory at the moment.

happyhammer

War Hero
And i still getting the pish ripped cos i am dressed like i shop at Top Shop and i cannot sort it.

Minxy

LE
happyhammer said:
And i still getting the pish ripped cos i am dressed like i shop at Top Shop and i cannot sort it.

Yes but you do dress like you shop at Top Shop anyway, why should SL be any different?

EEU_196

Old-Salt
Yea but I threw some witty remark back at him when I found my way back.

He so was an emo, he smoked a fag constantly and whiped his hair back every so often.

Latest Threads