Second Life - ARRSE Island

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Good CO, Dec 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Is anyone out there interested in setting up ARRSE in SL? Outline idea is ARRSE island with building rights given to ARRSE users. Not quite sure where it will all lead...

Need some SL experts though.

While mucking around trying to work out what it is all about I created a nice virtual pad for the other half. BCO Towers. An architectural treasure I'm sure you'll agree.
  2. Yep I am in - know nothing about SL though
  3. Someone want to explain what SL is?
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Google: Second Life.
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

6. Shouldn't Bad Co Tower be bigger? A lot bigger?
  7. Heard about second life on the wireless. Got it's own economy etc now with a GDP larger than some small countries. (if that makes sense?)
    How virtually strange!
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The tiny plot of land I bought with my joining cash wasn't big enough to build anything bigger. Enter ARRSE island!
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

A bit of background: As part of the MSc course I'm doing I had to do a presentation on anything for one of the bolt-on subjects (presentation skills). I was browsing around the BBC site thinking of intellectual things and found this by accident:

It struck me as interesting so I looked further, registered for the game and ended up using it as a presentation topic. Mix of real and virtual worlds.. amazing concept, man... blah. Anyway, SL 'residents' spend about 600,000 US dollars in a day inside the game. It has full economy and property market. Sun Microsystems have conference facilities in there, Radio 2 held a concert in there, you can find Reuters, buy a virtual car from Toyota etc etc etc. Strange stuff.
  10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I like the thought, especially if I'm allowed an airfield, but does that mean my Sims Pets will be neglected? 8)
  11. Can you create your own army and lay waste to the continent?

Can you recruit your own secret police and rule in a climate of fear and recrimination?

If so I might be interested.
  12. So do you have to pay proper pounds to convert them into second life money?
  13. I'm in, someone post the details of how we get land and stuff and I'll join!
  14. Ooo going to have to join in the fun now!! Can't you attually make money off this, I think I saw something in Metro the otherday about some chick who had become a millionaire off it!!