Second Best Friend

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rocketeer, Mar 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought of posting this in the NAAFI, but, then, since this is the forum for scandals, I figured it should go here.

Seems that a recent poll in the US to see who Americans figured were their best frend country 36% picked the UK and 29% picked Canada

But, what scandal you say?

40% of Americans said they never heard of Mr. Brown or knew who he was..

hmmm, on second thought, maybe that's not much of a scandal after all..
  2. May be Jeremy Clarkson's comment on the PM was right!
  3. I think it's time to resurrect Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans". The yanks are ripe for picking on their stupid comments about anything outside of their borders. "congrats to Canada on legalizing staplers" *snigger*
  4. Really depends on what part of US you ask the questions. In the Northeast, midwest, people tend to be quite educated and interested in the rest of the world. In the South, not so much.

Then again, maybe it was just a reflection of Broon's 'charismatic' personality.
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Unfortunately the same can be said of Chav Britain - doubt if most of our moron class could name the PM let alone any foreign politicians.
  6. Excellent, that pretty makes it the whole world then.

Viva le Fromage-manger surrender Singe
  7. Have we got a link to this?
  9. We don't really hate the French really. It is generally more like contempt or pity. Only time I really hated them was when I saw an advertisment in a magazine, Janes Defence Journal IIRC. The ad was placed by the makers of Exocet and showed HMS Sheffield sinking. With allies like that who needs enemies.

Then again they are good for a laugh. If you see a straight middle aged male at the beach in a thong bathing suit and a Mickey Mouse t-shirt you know he's French. Besides, the tropical kit of Gendarmes, with the tight short shorts, matching girlish socks and sneakers is good for a laugh.
  10. Only those Americans not educated in their own history hate the French. Without France and her material help of soldiers, sailors and especially supplies and money, as well as her challenge to the British Navy in India, the Thirteen Colonies might not have won their War of Independence against Britain.
  11. So, maybe it's time to hand back the Statue of Liberty then? :twisted: