SeaWorld Special Offer

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Murielson_2, Jun 27, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please move to another board if deemed more suitable,  I couldn't think of one. Highlighting the offer as a colleague has just found out this info after pre-booking for the park from this side of the pond and may have been able to save a bob or two.

Anheuser-Busch Gives Troops, Their Families Free Admission to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Sesame Place

‘Operation Salute’ Expresses Appreciation For Their Service, Sacrifices

ST. LOUIS (April 17, 2003) – Anheuser-Busch today announced it will give a free single-day admission to its SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Sesame Place parks to active duty military, active reservists, U.S. Coast Guard, National Guardsmen and as many as four of their direct dependents, beginning the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and concluding Veterans Day, Nov. 11. The offer also has been extended to all coalition forces serving with U.S. troops in Operation Iraqi Freedom.

“The men and women in our armed forces have made tremendous sacrifices, risking their lives and being separated from their families during the war,” said August A. Busch III, chairman of Anheuser-Busch Cos., Inc., which operates nine U.S. theme parks. “We wanted to express our deep gratitude for their service, and this gives those who serve and their families some needed relaxation and enjoyment.”

“It is our privilege to offer our parks to the men and women of our armed forces and their families,” said Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer, Anheuser-Busch Cos., Inc. “It is a small gesture of thanks for the hardships endured every day by our soldiers and those closest to them.”

“Operation Salute” will give free admission to visit one of the Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay; Busch Gardens Williamsburg; SeaWorld Orlando; SeaWorld San Diego; SeaWorld San Antonio; and Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pa.

2. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

The US appreciate their armed forces, the UK treats ours with contempt (and I'm not just talking about the Government, there is no sense of pride in the forces any more).

Good on Anheuser-Busch. Pity they make crap beer though  ;D

3. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

They also extended it to the British Forces.  About a month or more ago they took out a full page spread in all the UK national papers saluting us and opening the offer to all of us too!

4. Anybody reckon on Alton Towers doing the same?  ;D

5. Hahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhaaa

Fat chance

I also notice Spiros the Bubble offered The Blonde ball kicking one and his hatstand free flights forever between Spain and Britain. Like they can't afford it

But where was the offer to british Squaddies and their families to avail themselves of Easyjets service for Sweet FA?

Never happen

Nah , bollox, I'll ring him Monday. I'm serious