Searching RLI - DII(FD) and Modern ICS

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by polar, Aug 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to get a upto date understanding of modern military ICS especially data rates (kbps), what trunk assests some CSS units are allocated (from RSigs - I understand their ICS below that, I believe it was EUROMUX). I believe my question maybe answered by DII(FD) as the app I'm working on is on DII.

I've tried searching RLI to find the answers, but find its search engines difficult to work with, it seems you need to know what you are searching for in the first place.

Is their an application developers guide to DII(FD) - I haven't found it yet - like their was for DII(F)?

2. Polar, I'm confused:

I think what you are refering to is the network on which DII FD will (one happy day) reside, in this case I think what you need is data on replacements for Euromux/Ptarmigan etc. In this case have a look for Cormorant, Falcon and Reacher (for the backhaul). Arrsepedia has a few good words to say about Cormorant, Falcon (having not entered service) is a little bit more difficult to find.
  3. Cheers, that CORMORANT wiki was very useful.

Analogue modem!
  4. Sorted .. it was J1/J4 IOS that I was after.
  5. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Polar, you've got me well confused (which is easy I accept(. How come you were hunting for an applications developer guide for FD yet ended up looking at J1/J4 IOS - which are entirely different beasts?
  6. ^Yeah I know, I thought I was after details on FD but once I found the actica internet site (thanks for the link), RLI started bringing back the results I was after.

How do regulars stay in touch with ICS trends once they have completed their training, as a TA soldier it seems very difficult to remain current. I tend to use this site and an ex-reg YofS for this info.
  7. Ask questions. Are you in a scalie Regt? If so, ask your Permanent Staff. If you are on the RLI there are plenty of places to look.
  8. ^Yes in a scalie regt, believe me I've asked - little results in the past (but very good recently). I think we'd benefit from mimicking more regular things, such as the Sgts and WO thingy held in Elmpt annually, my Bde repeated the same lectures (and beer up) on a study weekend last year and it was a huge success (was still a one army thing, but the percentages were the other way around). Inviting TA Mafioso onto (one army) Bde Mafioso conferences was another huge step this last year.
  9. Hmm...

Gave up after many tries - got tired of responses like "Why do you want to know?" and "Who gives a fcuk?", etc...