Searching of rooms in the block.

magtogrid91

Swinger
Basically, a bloke was waving a samurai sword about recently. It's already been sorted by the police, they have him now. But now we've been told the entire camp is going to get searched by RMP's for long bladed weapons, room to room. They're having an amnesty to turn in any machete's, long knives, flashy ebay swords ect you might have, that you could then pick up on your next bit of leave and take elsewhere. That's all fine, what I want to know is can they legally go door to door and search your room without a warrant of any kind? Seems like a massive breach of privacy to me. Do they really have the right to do this? If not, which piece of legislation says so?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Basically, a bloke was waving a samurai sword about recently. It's already been sorted by the police, they have him now. But now we've been told the entire camp is going to get searched by RMP's for long bladed weapons, room to room. They're having an amnesty to turn in any machete's, long knives, flashy ebay swords ect you might have, that you could then pick up on your next bit of leave and take elsewhere. That's all fine, what I want to know is can they legally go door to door and search your room without a warrant of any kind? Seems like a massive breach of privacy to me. Do they really have the right to do this? If not, which piece of legislation says so?
Think of it as your landlord carrying out an inspection.

Just_plain_you

War Hero
What have you got to hide?

Troy

LE
Remember, it's the ones that get found after an inspection like this that will get you into trouble.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
When the Monkeys tap on your door, open slightly, lob out a bunch of fifes finest telling them to royally fook off.

They have no right to enter your room without a warrant signed by the Provost Marshal. Tell them I said so if they get all shouty.

Rod1924
Provost Marshal
UK

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
My massive dildo collection, that's besides the point anyway

We're under the impression it's going to be a lot more thorough than your OC standing in your dorrway asking what your plans for leave are
I'm sorry OP, but you seem a bit worried. As my learned chum @Just_plain_you says: If you don't have anything you shouldn't, what's the issue?

If you want to make a fuss about it to the searching parties, I'm sure that they won't see that as an admission of guilt and take the opportunity to pull your life to pieces in front of you.

We're under the impression it's going to be a lot more thorough than your OC standing in your dorrway asking what your plans for leave are
[/QUOTE]

That is not a Block Inspection.
That sounds more like an OC trying to be a touchy-feely version of an OC.

Did he/she/ it ask if you were going on the Pride Parade this year ?

Get a fcuking grip.

Toppet

Old-Salt
Have a look through Queen's regs, JSP830 and the AFA06 (and associated/ linked statute), then get back to us.

Tsk, you got a much better class of barrack-room lawyer in my day.

magtogrid91

Swinger
Is the OP in Catterick by any chance ?
Negative ghost rider
I'm sorry OP, but you seem a bit worried. As my learned chum @Just_plain_you says: If you don't have anything you shouldn't, what's the issue?

If you want to make a fuss about it to the searching parties, I'm sure that they won't see that as an admission of guilt and take the opportunity to pull your life to pieces in front of you.
The issue is the same as if somebody came into your house and went through all your things, I've got 12 years of accumulated shit that I've got to watch these guys sift through, it's a massive pain in the arse.

magtogrid91

Swinger

That is not a Block Inspection.
That sounds more like an OC trying to be a touchy-feely version of an OC.

Did he/she/ it ask if you were going on the Pride Parade this year ?

Get a fcuking grip.
Get over yourself

kimmi851

Old-Salt
I used to get away with stuff hidden during block inspections because either they were marvelling there was a girly with more shoes than their wives or if they progressed beyond those by the (clean, and neatly presented, largest to smallest, in proper military style) sex toy collection, which scared them into not progressing further. I recommend either of these tactics thoroughly.

Incidentally - block inspections have always been a standard, if only because some grots store rotting food in strange places. The ones in Germany were the real eye openers!

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Negative ghost rider

The issue is the same as if somebody came into your house and went through all your things, I've got 12 years of accumulated shit that I've got to watch these guys sift through, it's a massive pain in the arse.
No it isn't.

I don't know how the army is run these days, but it was made very clear from an early stage that personal liberties are to be left at the entrance gate. You don't get the same individuality that civvies enjoy, you are on The Queen's schilling and your life is not your own.

I have it on good authority that most officers keep a sword in their billets in case the natives get restless or they want to toast something on the three bar fire.

Latest Threads