Searching for Grandfathers Medals

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by sentinal, Nov 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all,

    I am looking for some information about where to go or who to contact with regard to my grandads medals.

    He was serving in the Fleet Air Arm during WW2 and served in the Mediterainean sea before being torpedoed and eventually invalided out of the service. His wife (my grandmother) is only now starting to talk about what she knows etc and is wondering who to contact to see if he was either eligeble for or had any medals issued to him during his service career.

    We have done quite a bit of futher research and have built up a conscise history of his service career but as yet do not know who to speak to with regard to this one issue.

    Anyone who has any help or suggestions they would be much appreciated.

  2. The medal office

    Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
    (Joint Personnel Administration Centre)
    MOD Medal Office
    Building 250
    Innsworth Station
    GL3 1HW

    JPAC Enquiry Centre:
    Tel: 0141 224 3600
    Veterans Freephone: 0800 085 3600
  3. winner - thanks for that - we tried the record office but they hadnt had the details from that part of the war released yet
  4. No worries. Good luck