searching for cheaper stuff.

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by sirbhp, May 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

I have been searching for Kindle on the internet and they all come up the same prices .
    the same for various makes of watches
    the same for Wedgwood dinner services '
    Same for electric razors
    it's me birthday so I am looking for a deal.
    So in this downturn credit crunch time how come there's no bargains out there ? Why does it seem that most starred Items have a fixed price ?

2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Seeing as the internet has levelled out all prices you are now seeing the absolute minimum price and anything less is not profitable. Sort of the market place working.

Also you will see that global prices have equalled out and it is only local taxes and duties that affect the prices (sort of).

In effect you are seeing the bargain prices but now that is the only price.

3. if you got to money saving expert or hot uk deals you can get a few bargains there.

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The Kindle is, as I'm sure you know, an Amazon product and the price is largely dictated by them (with some allowance for wriggle room if retailers wish to cut their own margins). iPhones, iPods, iPads are all Apple so the price will be strictly dictated similarly. Once competition is entered into the equation then things look markedly more cheerful.

That £800 PC you saw at Currys? £300 at Novatech.

The point I'm very clumsily driving at is that you should ask yourself if you want said item for what it does or whether you're paying for the branding.

5. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well I agree with you all so far , I think . It's a case of only buying what I need rather than what I want . thanks troops.