Search Problems?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by dhgrainger1, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya,

I've tried to use the search feature on Arrse to find particular topics etc, but whenever I've typed in what I want to search for and hit search, I keep returned to the original search page, with no results displayed. I'm using Firefox, with Windows Vista Premium.
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

3. It was the Google search I was attempting to use, I've got no problems using the forum only search, that works perfect. I've attempted to search for a few things with it, and everytime I just get returned to the search page that I started at. Not sure how much use the screen shot will be, but basically my search is typed in, i hit search and then the page is returned exactly the same except my seach term has been cleared from the box.

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hmm, can you give us an example of a search term that produces no results. It will also be useful to know which browser you're using.
  5. Yeah, my last search was ATR Winchester. And I'm on Firefox, running system Windows Vista Premium.
  6. Bad CO

I've just tried it and get results for the top two search boxes (Site Search (ARRSE / Rum Ration / RearParty Forums, Blogs and ARRSEPedia, RVOps and ARRSE Forums only Search). The only one that doesn't work is the bottom search box (RVOps Equipment Shop and Reviews Search).

Have you got any interesting Firefox extensions, such as adblock or NoScript, installed? Can you try the same search in IE?
  7. Just tried searching ATR Winchester in the top two boxes and Torch in the RvOps box in IE, that doesn't work either. I've AdBlock enabled, but it's disabled on Arrse anyway. Wish I could provide mroe info for you two, sorry!
  8. Bad CO

Anyone else having similar problems?
  9. msr

msr LE

I get 10 results when I try it.

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Did the same searches using FF3 & IE.
    No problems at all :?
  11. Just upgraded to FF3, and tried it again. No luck atill I'm afraid.
  12. Bad CO

Tried a different machine?
  13. i have been getting a similar problem, my work computer has been upgraded to the new internet explorer and when i tried to search for the thread "arrse terms and conditions" via the forum only searc (below the google search) it came up with the below error
    im on winXP and ie7

Attached Files:

14. i've just tried to search 'last tommy' having used the search button at the top of the front page. Same message as Praying Mantis came up. Using FF3.
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Google has an automated widget that picks up on adult content on sites placing its adverts. It took exception to one of our threads and gave us a 3 day warning then banned us because we weren't quick enough to remove it - so no google adsense ads and no search. I'm trying to get the sorted, but needless to say there are a lot of auto-answer emails to get through.