Search function doesn't work

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by ooooh_matron, Mar 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Advanced search and standard search is fúcked. Using google chrome.
  2. Few odd things today, very slow this morning, had to keep refreshing the site. The participated topics on my phone have disappeared, this happened before.
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry - this morning's slow down wasn't our fault, but a file that we rely on from an external site failing to load. The search is to some extent our fault. We've been working on getting it up and running again all day.
  4. My participated topics ate back - cheers.
  5. I keep up with ARRSE through a combination of 'Last 50', which now seems to be working; and by looking at whatever posts I have made and the responses - i.e. I go to 'My Profile' and pull my posts. But this seems not to pull anything I've posted in the last 48 hours.

Site issue or 'operator error' ????

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Are the COs playing with their train set again this morning?

I have been getting a few errors, "Server busy" notices, printable version of pages instead of the web version and a couple of other wee niggles.
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

site error and thanks for letting me know.

We've not being working on the servers this morning. Monday morning is always busy and we've reached the limit again. We've got someone working on adding an extra server at the moment and hope to have the extra oomph online within the week.
  8. My participated topics on the iphone still isn't working it did this before. It's been a problem the last two days.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

cheers. That might help me track down the problem.
  10. The last post I had in participated topics was on 5.3.11 at 1600hrs in the prescription rise thread in current affairs, the next was 7.3.11 at 1404hrs on the NAAFI bar unzeroed penis thread. None between and none since - most odd.
  11. Oh and when they stop working there is nothing on display in the participated thread section, now they are back but no new ones coming in the list.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sounds like the same as C_C above
  13. Search is still not working properly.

Exactly the same symptoms as CC above.
  14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

thanks sparky! :) I will get on the case again this morning
  15. The only updating thread on the phone is 'my unzeroed penis'